Conewago Creek (East, Lancaster Co)

Paulson

Paulson

Has anyone fished it recently? Its near my crash pad and I want to make sure its okay to fish.

Not sure which stream you mean. Conewago creek is in west Lancaster and conowingo creek is souther Lancaster county.

There's two Conewagos, one in York County (west)and one in Lancaster County (east). It's source is above the lake in Mt. Gretna. USGS says flow is almost double what is normal. Any little bit of rain makes it look like chocolate milk. If we get thunderstorms tomorrow forget it.

i took the op posting to mean eastern Lancaster county so I wanted to clarify what stream he was talking about. I am very familiar with both streams. Right now WW stream in the area are running very fast and high. I tried fishing the conestoga tonight below the calico ( which is blown out) and it was impossible to wade. Above is not much better.

For the OP, any bit of rain really muddies up the wago and we had heavy downpours today.

Good to know...I can't find a thing about the stream...is it stocked? Natrepo? Hatches?

I would be fishing closer to the Susquehanna side. It's kind of hard to pass up a decent stream that's so close, if it is decent at all. I will be around the area to explore, close to the Donegal to.

The upper portion in Lebanon county has some trout stocking and is cold enough to support trout while the lower portion is all warm water species. The stream suffers greatly from ag and runoff although there are several groups that have made an effort to enhance the watershed.

Back