colton 10 wts

plombardo

plombardo

looking for a new 10 wt rod. any cast colton tradewinds rod ? any info?

I actually just bought that exact rod myself two weeks ago. But unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out yet, so my opinion is of little use. I know its pretty fast, and a few other people I've spoken to like the colton rods though. Definitely a good company.

Good luck on the rod search.

I have a 9wt and it is fast. I enjoy it.

Sorry plombardo for taking so long to reply to your query about Colton 10wts. I bought myself a Colton Tradewinds 10wt and one of their 911 reels for Christmas. We had house guests from Christmas to New Years. On Jan. 3 I went in hospital for a total knee replacement. I don't know if you are familiar with that procedure but just let me say that you aren't in the mood to practice cast even a brand new rod after it. After lots of physical therapy my knee feels better than ever today and the weather was so nice that I went out to practice with my new rod and reel. I loaded a Sci. Angler, Custom Tip Express on my 911 and after a few practice casts and with a healthy double haul, I had no trouble throwing the whole 100ft line in my back yard. This is a fast rod and if you think about how to take advantage of it's potential and adjust your timing accordingly, it should do well for you. Admittedly, there was little wind today and grass casting isn't the real thing but I'm very happy with my Colton and can't wait to try it on some fish. Hope this isn't too late to help.

plombardo wrote:
looking for a new 10 wt rod. any cast colton tradewinds rod ? any info?

So what did you get I have the 9wt and love it .

going with a tradewinds when I get the funds.

Got it put a SA streamer express on it and casted the hole line in two casts.. The Are very fast!! Nice stuff! good price!

Little stiff I am finding out. The echo ion isn't as stiff as trade winds. Putting to the test up on lake Erie for some pike/musky/bowfin this comin weekend..

Back