Codorus Creek, York County

A bead head hares ear will almost always catch a few trout on S. Codorus, when water is higher or a little off color i have caught on San juan worm. No 12-16 for the hares ear.

When water is high and off color is my favorite time to drag buggers, these fish miss a lot so don't set hook until you feel a good tug for 5 seconds or so.

Try the waters between gannery road and Glen Rock

You'll find wild browns upstream as far as the village of Railroad, but I would not recommend going up that far, as the density is fairly low. The point is that I would not restrict myself too much geographically.

I have a lot of success with an attractor up top and a pheasant tail down low :pint:

Well tried SB CC Grainary Rd to the the Rail Trail Bridge. Not too much action 5 bluegill and one creek chub. Swa one trout in a pool but couldnt interest him. Well hopefully things will pick up with the cooling weather. Think I will try the TT section next weekend.

Went to the TT section of the CC (Brown Rd and upstream) on sunday the 15th and quite a few guys with spinning gear. Heard of 3 being caught and I caught one 12" Brown on a 12 beadhead prince. Saw some fish rising in the pools so switched to a Royal Wulff size 14 and picked up a 5" brown. After that the bite dried up. Now that the weathers cooler will have to try again next weekend either the TT section or Muddy Creek.

I fished the s branch sat from around grainery upstream. Caught one bass, one blue gill, two rainbows and a brown. All on black or brown buggers.

Back