Class A round 2

SlingerFlyRods

SlingerFlyRods

Got out a bit early from work yesterday and was in contact with "Heberly" from on here and decided to go explore a mountain stream. It didn't take too long to pick a blue line from the map and find a spot to park on the map. Next thing you know we are on our way in search of wild browns.

The trip started off very quickly with excitement of a very large fish snapping off his presented beadhead and followed by refusals as expected.

Then we started picking up some brookies in the 4-7" range. At that point we still were not totally convinced there were any browns in this stream.

And to get sidetracked for a moment, we both agreed we have never seen a stream have such an amazing green drake hatch outside of the typical penns creek type of hatch.. These flies were comparable to a size 8 to 10 in a fly and fish were active and on them. We momentarily switched to a dry but casting was difficult so we maintained our subsurface presentations and it was on.

We hit a dead stretch of a 50 yards or so that made it look like that was going to be it for the day. Then I hooked into this guy. 14" on the button

We both took in the moment and said, yep. Now we go on. There are browns in here.

A few casts later and he landed another.

And another....

and a few more...

I caught this guy that looked like a black missile on top coming after my line. What a fishery this was indeed.

drakes were out in full force and one stopped for a break offering a picture opportunity :)

We found a couple longer wide blown out pools but nothing much was there except a good spot for pictures.

And in expected fashion, I got to be a subject of some phenomenal photography by Heberly.

Great day overall, definitely on my "to do list" again when we get some rain. I can imagine there are some bigger fish than what we experienced but who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Now those are some good pics. Thanks for that!

Thank you much. It's fun to put the rod down at times and just take pictures. I know the reason I'm there is to fish but sometimes a picture makes the trip worth while looking back and experiencing that all over again

I love your pictures, but for anyone with less than a 26 inch monitor, it fouls up the page because of the width. 800 pixels wide is about the limit for the page size here.

oh I did not know that.. I will make sure I keep that in mind for next time. Thanks for the heads up!

Very nice pictures. That does look like a place you could just sit and enjoy nature.
Bill

wow great photography and stream

it was one of those streams you parked at the bridge and looked at and thought.. "meh... oh well I'm here might as well give it a shot.. then little run with a plunge pool here, 14" brown there.. its like OMG this is a fun place to be"

i cannot take credit for the last picture. that would be the user on here named "Heberly" though i am currently in the process of getting it framed on my wall in canvas i enjoy it so much

Yes, you need to start selling some pictures to fly fishing magazines and books. Nice locations and super nice pics.

Yep, I love that last shot!

That last shot should be shipped to some mags...it is THAT good. Congrats Heberly on a beautiful shot and some great fishing!

Awesome post. Great details and photos.
Thanks for sharing.

Great post and great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

and hes at it again.. this was another one he captured of me chucking it long with my 7'3 2wt to reach an upper pool.. these 2 are my best pictures ever.. makes me look like I know what the hell im doing

Those pictures are awesome! Makes me wish I had a better camera...

the "loop under branches" image is great ... shows the casting-space issues we deal with in fly fishing small PA streams

thanks. it choked up the further in we went that day.. those long delicate casts turned into hands and knees pings, and long roll casts with the line drifted back :)

Back