Christmas Karma- Kold Kutter Boot Studs

Machocheese

Machocheese

Hey all,

On a Shooting forum I used to belong to in New England, members would sometimes post a "Karma" thread. The idea was that if you had something you didn't need, you could offer it up to other board members under your own terms so long as it was free. I thought I would try it here. (Mods, I hope this is okay).

I'm sure most of you have seen the article on these studs in the gear section of the forum. link
I recently ordered 250 of these studs (3/8") and they're great. however I have more than I'll ever need. So after equipping myself, my Dad and laying aside a future supply, I'd like to give some away.

I like to put 14 studs in each boot, so a set is 28 studs. I have 5 sets that I will send out to the winners on my dime. If you'd like slightly different number that's okay too. If your interested post "in" and I will select the winners by random drawing in one week.

Hope you guys like the idea, and if you've got something you don't use, consider "paying it forward"

Merry Christmas etc.!
Matt

This is sometimes referred to as a "PIF" ( Pay It Forward). Very good way to help each other out. Good for you.

In, yes please. This is very nice of you, and I've seen this as PIFs on other forums. Thanks!!!

Would you be offended if we suggest this be put in the Swap Forum? I like the idea, but think maybe it would be better there. I won't move it now, but this may be best as it will be a long-running thread and may burden the General Forum. Thoughts?

Jack,

By all means do what you think is best. I put it here as I thought it would get the most exposure, but hadn't thought of it's effects on the GF as a whole. Certainly no offense taken.

Cheers,
Matt

I just ordered a pack of 250 myself and gave some away to friends, so I won't be needing any, but that is very generous of you to offer them to everyone.

I suggest taking him up on this offer. They are really good boot screws.

in as well please.
This is a great idea, I have a bunch of STUFF (e.g., whole deer hide, , turkey feathers, home made fly tie box, old reject flys) I will never use up and was planning on bringing it to a Jamb or whatever event I could make it to.
Buffalo

Love it! I'm in.

In on studs, and I have I just won on eBay 20 golden pheasant feathers for like 5$. So I am willing to give away 10 of them. 5 to 2 people or 2 to 5 people.

Get in on this guys. I just bought some of these and they are like gluing your feet to the bottom of the stream. The salmon river is super slippery with that shale and these screws are the real deal.

I'm in! Very cool idea here!

Excellent concept. Count me in.

Okay I am in.

Beeb

Count me in. i miss my felt. May i suggest also donating your excess fly stuff to your local TU chapter. Cumb V raffles goodies off every meeting to earn a few bucks.

In. Still have a bruise on my hip from Erie two weeks ago.

Matt - do you know BillT the rod builder there in Boiling Springs? I was there looking at the (mostly troutless) Run a couple of days ago and went to Big Spring instead. If I win your lottery, I can come pick up the studs on my next run to The Run.

tl
les

Im in if there is still room. This is a good idea. I have access to a bunch of quail and chucker wings that I may put on here.

lestrout wrote:
Matt - do you know BillT the rod builder there in Boiling Springs? I was there looking at the (mostly troutless) Run a couple of days ago and went to Big Spring instead. If I win your lottery, I can come pick up the studs on my next run to The Run.

tl
les

Les,
No, I've heard of him, but I don't know him. I've lived in PA less than a year and frankly, don't really know anyone. If I draw your name, or anyone else, that would rather meet locally to pick then up that would be fine.

As for the run, I thought it looked pretty barren there too around thanksgiving, until my Dad strolled up through there with a glo bug and dredged out 11 trout in about a half hour. As for me, I still don't like glo bugs and also usually go to Big Spring.

tracker12 wrote:
Im in if there is still room. This is a good idea. I have access to a bunch of quail and chucker wings that I may put on here.

Tracker,

There is still room for you and anyone else who is interested. When the week is up, I'll just take the names of everyone who was interested and draw 5 out of a hat.

Back