chest "packs"

gutcutter

gutcutter

anybody have the william joseph chest/backpack combo with the "zipno" pockets?
i have the chest pack (current) and love it for summer when i carry only a few fly boxes and very few accessories.
love it so much that i'm thinking about one for general season fishing where i gotta carry lotsa stuff.
comments?

A friend has one with the new magnetic "zippers." It worked well the few times he used it and didn't have any trouble with it staying shut. I like the idea, myself, but I don't think I could get used to it. I would be too worried about it opening on the water. It seems like it would stay closed, but I worry alot.

i have the william and joseph confluence and freaking love it. wish the fly patch held the flys better , zingers were stronger and pack was waterproof but overall its awesome and i got a steal on it 69.00 at wyomingflyfishing.com

i saw those on the wyoming site.
the picture of the clearance "confluence" looks like it doesn't have the magnetic closures as the pack on the william joseph website does. a new model maybe? probably why they are on clearance.
the one that i saw on the w/j site (also the confluence) looks like the "chest" portion detaches from the backpack portion.
troutslammer, does your pack come apart? if so, i would get it and use the zipperless chest pack that i already have and attach it to the backpack on clearance.
i think that the w/j stuff is very well designed, and i really wanna be "vestless" this spring.
thanks

i don't think it can be wore by itself without the back pack i never tried it. its the "old" model without the magnets that are on clearance. if you were handy with a needle and thread you could make the chest pack so you could wear it alone without alot of trouble i would say.

troutslammer wrote:
i have the william and joseph confluence and freaking love it. wish the fly patch held the flys better , zingers were stronger and pack was waterproof but overall its awesome and i got a steal on it 69.00 at wyomingflyfishing.com

It's a nice pack, but I can't understand why they don't have a D-ring on the back of those for a net.

mcwill , there is a leather ring on the back on the bottom thats where i put the magnet for my net release , the handle of the net sticks out to my left side a little wee bit so i can grab it . works great !

Back