Caddis Swap

Okay, make my Elk hair black.

Put me down for a tan cdc & elk. For those of you who haven't tried it, it's a great pattern.

So, where do we stand on this swap? I got a dozen #16 black elk hair tied so far. These don't have hackle on the body so you can fish them as a dry or emerger. It's a pattern from back in 1978 put out by Orvis. How's everyone else doing? And when it's time to send these things out where do I send them?

I think he's gonna email all that info when he gets it together. You in a hurry?

I am up for this one. Let me know if you still have room. Also here is my email for all the particular's.

mlp2147@gmail.com

Mike

Nope, no hurry. But, there's a ten month old in the house and I don't want him hiding the stash. It's amazing how fast he can see something, grab it, and it never is found again. One day I guess I'll move a piece of furniture and his "treasure" will be found. :)

They are smarter than that...they don't have one big stash...they tend to scatter things in different hiding places throughout the house. And another reason to tie barbless, at least for a little while.

If there is room I would like to join swap
beadhead caddis pupa
let me know ?
thanks (beadhead2)

on second though count me out of this one, work and archery season is keeping me busy enough

beadhead2,

Can you PM me your recipe, I was gonna tie some Deer Hair Pupa, but I think they be the same pattern.

DJ,
I can tie two patterns if needed, the other would be simple peacock/starling wet fly.

Looking forward to this swap and fishing the flies1
JH

Here is the updated list of tiers. Please let me know what you plan on tying if you have not submitted it yet. I would like to have the final list of tiers by this Friday Oct. 12. So if there is anyone else interested in joining please let me know by Friday.

Even if there is duplicate patterns it is not a big deal if you want to just make sure it is a different color than the others that have signed up. After Friday I will give send out to your email the final details of how many to tie and the rules of the swap. Thanks guys for signing up!

DJMyers - Tan Elk Hair Caddis
BeadHead2 - Bead Head Caddis Pupa
JayL - Cased Peeking Caddis
StudentOfTheStream - Caddis Pupa
Bruno - TBD
Flydog - TBD
FlyFishermanJ - TBD
MediClimber - Black Elk Hair Caddis
TomGamber - Tent Wing Parachute Caddis
Ian_Brown - Tan CDC & Elk Hair Caddis
NewGuy - TBD

DJ,
I'll be tying an Up-winged Caddis emerger.

Mike

I'm gonna tie the Deer Hair Pupa.
JH

DJ change me up from the caddis pupa for now. I'm going to look and see which one I want to tie but it will be one of Rene Harrop's caddis patterns. If you've never seen them they're pretty inventive. I'll let you know which pattern in the next few days.

i'll be tying a flat wing style caddis.

I will be sending out the information after today so that I can let you know how many to tie and where to send your flies, etc.

I am waiting to see if anyone else wants to join. I had set today as the last day to sign up for this swap. I have everyone's email so I will let you all know the details.

Guys,

Sorry I missed the the send-in date. Will get them out Mon. at the lastest! In an effort to get the flies in I have changed my pattern to a simple green/starling wet fly with a beadhead. This fly has produced good numbers of fish for me, you guys will like it.

JH

Has anyone heard anything from Ian_Brown? I haven't been able to get ahold of him at all for this swap.

Ian recently had twins. I haven't heard from him in a bit, but I'm not surprised. I'd imagine he's super busy.

Back