Buyers remorse

Thank you. I had some Bass Pro gift cards and wanted to buy something new. I ended up with the TFO Pro 2 6wt because I want to fish with it for Bass and trout. I figure I can use my 5wt sometimes too. BUT... I really wanted a 4 piece to replace my 5wt. I keep thinking of returning it for another 5wt.

I thought we were moving to South Carolina for a job....It looks like it will be at least a year. So... 5 or 6 for the combo of Trout and Bass?

5wt 5wt 5wt for the love of god man 5wt 5wt 5wt

Got it... Now... Tfo bvk or pro 2?

Whichever one matches your fishing/oscar outfit

Yes I can be funny, but looks aren't everything.

Really though... Thanks for all the advice. I have had such a hard time with the technology that I make it difficult. Here is my FINAL decision....

I am returning the TFO Pro 2 (6wt) combo and getting the BVK 5 wt. Keeping my old Orvis Clearwater reel (from 1999) and going to look at reels this weekend at the Fly show in Lancaster.

My issue was mod fast or fast and I guess that the BVK because of the rod itself and the feel, is a better choice. I make things difficult and they don't need to be...

There is no one answer to your question. I seldom use anything other than a 4 weight for trout, unless it's a windy day on a big stream. A 5 weight is also a good choice for trout or bass, if you get a fast rod. You'll need the speed for casting weighted flies long distances, and fighting big fish in big water.
For salt water I have a 9 weight 9 foot, which doubles for a salmon rod, unless you're talking land locked salmon in Maine, then a 4 or a 5 weight is sufficient. For big bass water a 6 weight is plenty as long as it a fairly fast rod, I mostly use a 4 wt. and that's fine for bass as long as it's not windy. It's a complicated issue especially when you ask on a message board, where you'll find dozens of answers.

You rock. I realize what I need to do and... Spend money and time.

Final answer. .. bought TFO clouser 5wt

Check out the TFO ProII 5wt. Plenty for small stream bass and trout

No I did not... Settled on the BVK... Super SEXY

This thread is good. Thank you!

Back