Bowman's Creek help needed

fishjake

fishjake

Wanted to make a post on here, looking to work with some people in the near future to do some riparian liming on bowmans creek in SGL 57,and have some tree planting maintenance to do, we are still a good ways out, but if anyone is interested in helping reply to this post, so i can get a count of what work we can do.

I'd like to hear more about this effort. How large of an area are you adding lime? At what rate? How far from the stream?

I'd like to hear more about this effort. How large of an area are you adding lime? At what rate? How far from the stream?
Dave, currently i got roughly 3,000 to purchase lime stone from a quarry out your way (comes from Montoursville). That 3k will get me roughly 100 tons of sand delivered to the BC watershed. This is just going to be a simple riparian liming, rather than engineering projects that i will be working with on mosquito creek (clearfield county). Working with SGL it is looking like the help i would need would be to wheelbarrow a few tons of sand up a few of the tribs from the RR grade.

Dave, currently i got roughly 3,000 to purchase lime stone from a quarry out your way (comes from Montoursville). That 3k will get me roughly 100 tons of sand delivered to the BC watershed. This is just going to be a simple riparian liming, rather than engineering projects that i will be working with on mosquito creek (clearfield county). Working with SGL it is looking like the help i would need would be to wheelbarrow a few tons of sand up a few of the tribs from the RR grade.
What project is proposed on Mosquito Creek, and at what location? (I'm familiar with Mosquito Creek and its tributaries).

Last edited:
What project is proposed on Mosquito Creek, and at what location? (I'm familiar with Mosquito Creek and its tributaries).
I am an environmental engineering student graduating in May from wilkes university. I recently took a job at ARM Engineering to take on more mosquito creek work. Mainly the liming.

At what time of the year is the Bowman's a Creek work slated to happen.

Oh, and your avatar is giving me flashbacks.
this looks like a summer to fall project

Ah, so i am guessing you know jim, i made a bit of a more designed version of his lol

Wanted to make a post on here, looking to work with some people in the near future to do some riparian liming on bowmans creek in SGL 57,and have some tree planting maintenance to do, we are still a good ways out, but if anyone is interested in helping reply to this post, so i can get a count of what work we can do.
Hi fishjake,
I recently became a member and I live in Wyoming county. Please add me to your list for help.

I'm interested in this project. My summer schedule is a bit hectic, but when ya know what the dates are, I can try to come up and help out for a weekend or something.

Back