Boulder, Colorado trip

sipe

sipe

Anybody been fishing in this area? I'm headed there with the wife for a long weekend in August for her work. I'd like to spend a day fishing guided or unguided if possible.

Any inside info?

South Boulder Creek is a nice tailwater close to town. Poudre River is also worth a shot.

Dear sipe,

The Saint Vrain River, which is actually sort of a creek is just outside of Boulder.

Rocky Mountain National Park if you go by way of Estes Park is about an hour away from Boulder and has numerous lakes, ponds, and streams to explore. Many of the streams have greenback cutthroat trout in them which is a fish found only in CO. Even if you never wet a line the scenery in the park is worth soaking in.

If you have your heart set on fishing the Big Thompson River is another possible fishing spot that is right along the road as you drive in to Estes Park from Boulder.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Fished Boulder in November...one day it was 76 degrees the next morning we woke up to 1 or so of wet snow...

I fished Boulder Creek which runs through town...I picked up a guide from Front Range Anglers one day and I fished Big Thompson....right at the out flow from the dam. Great water...lots of fish but it is a bit of a drive from Boulder proper...Boulder Creek runs right through town...you might have problems with kids playing in the creek but there are fish the whole way through.

Not sure where you are staying...Front Range Anglers is on Pearl Street I think...right in old town Boulder...

Strangest thing about Boulder are the tons...read this as 25-40 homeless campsites along Boulder Creek right in town. Lots of homeless there...they built a 6 million dollar homeless shelter and they come from everywhere. The local call many of them "trustifarians" so they have some money but choose to live a vagabond life.

Great Caddis fishing...and some really cool ties....Clown Shoe Caddis and Banksia Bug...check them out Youtube...

PM me if you need any more information...I stayed at the St. Julian which was a wedge shot from the creek. Super nice hotel...too nice for me and my waders...

Boss

We were in Denver and Yellowstone a few years back. Se

cond week of August and we had 90 degree temps during the afternoon. Woke up in the morning, headed out for a coffee in shorts and tee-shirt, scrambled back into the room when I realized I could see my breath! It was 30 degrees at 7:30 in the morning!

walker ranch and el dorado canyon sections of boulder cr are nice and close to town. st vrain is an awsome stream with great views. the fish are not big but there are a lot.

Back