boot sizing

D

Denny

In the market for a quality pair of sock foot waders and boots. I'm a size 10 and I've been told I should move up one size to accomodate the stocking foot but even when I try them on they feel too loose in comparison to regular shoes.

I believe they are upsized for just that reason...I wear an 11 in sneakers and wading shoes...If they have both waders and boots where you are shopping you could always try them on together...

Yea size up is the norm. If you try on and they fit go with it. I would'nt want them too tight though. Not sure folks feel but I rather have a little loose than tight. If loose add another pair of socks. Did you try wading boots on with them?

I tried on the waders and the boots together with wool socks and they felt just a little big. When you say throw on another pair of socks. I just don't want my feet sweating like crazy

A little big is fine in my opinion...you want to be able to wiggle your toes an get good blood flow...tight boots cut off circulation causing cold feet. You can always add socks but you can't take away feet.

also remember boots will stretch some when they get wet. what kind of boot are you getting and what are you looking for.

Like everyone has said, no matter what you go with make sure you are comfortable cuz the last thing you want is to be crammed into a boot. Plus someone said about circulation in your feet and you lose a lot of your bodies heat that way. Just something to keep in mind.

Back