Bobs Creek Bedford County

Actually Matt.......I don't want you to stumble on our moonshine still. Have you ever squealed like a pig?

Never have but I'm sure you would have enjoyed that old timer ;) Didn't find any moonshine but did stumble upon a nice grove of marijuana that I helped myself to. Ran into a very nice fella named Skinner, spin fisherman, caught 17 trout and released, Saturday morning. He was promoting a neat little local lure, the Niti-1, all he uses. Had a great time as usual, killed four rainbows for the frying pan and threw all the brownies I caught up on the bank to fend for themselves. Sorry I didn't run into ya, was looking for a disgruntled one-legged purist, but all the aging men I saw with a fly rod had 'em filled with mono an minnows on the hook. Until next time...............

I knew old man Pcola the old man who invented the Niti-1 , they still have the shop in St. Michael.......heh , believe it or not you can fish the original little black one on a fly rod as i have done alot when i was younger and had the strength to cast all that weight? I'm glad you had a good time Matt , really. The only hing i have a probleem with is tossin those brownies on the bank , why not eat them also?

MattM wrote:
Didn't find any moonshine but did stumble upon a nice grove of marijuana that I helped myself to.

It is forum policy to PM GPS coordinates to me so I can ensure the proper removal and disposal of such things.

I wanted to feed the ospreys, Osprey ;) I did see a huge bird of prey flying around on top of the mountain above Wallach's Branch, but didn't have any binos to get a closer look. It was definitely not a red tail as it was much larger and had a orangish brown color. Has anyone seen any golden eagles in this area?

rumor is there are a few moving in the area

Yes there are a few golden eagles around. A big one was hit by a truck near the cabin.....friends wanted to get it mounted but we are not allowed to. Regulations don't allow it because of the fact that it's a protected raptor.

Well, that's what it had to be. It had at least a 5' wingspan.

There was an article in the Bedford Gazette the local paper that the game commision found one shot in Shawnee State park it said they were investigating an incident , never saw any follow up.

Well I got around to uploading some photos of my trip. Me and my best friend Paul have been doing a trout trip for 12 years, fishing many different streams but Bob's has been our spot for the last 3 years. I'm on the right. Got to work out my new, old, glass rod and my dad's old Pflueger. The two best trout I caught were both 12" brownies, both released. A nice native brookie out of one of my favorite holes about 7 inches. A huge cased caddis and my pattern I tied to match, there was a pupa inside. No takers on my pattern Osprey. A nice panoramic view with my dad to the right. Another great trip! Next year I'm taking Paul to Penn's for the first time and adding a day onto the trip length.

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
  • brook.jpg
    brook.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13
  • brown1.jpg
    brown1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
  • brown2.jpg
    brown2.jpg