Big spring

I admire your enthusiasm with wanting to fish BS on Sunday, but honestly, things are bad here. Really bad. Sunday will be a day of digging out and trying to get back on our feet. I can't see the parking lots being in any shape to park in and they'll have at least two feet of snow in them.

Should you make the trek, [d]good luck[/d]! Seek help

Fixed that post for ya

I will be on the water tomorrow somewhere, I will post pics. The wife nixed the idea late last night at least someone has sense. As far as seeking help that's what I'm trying to do by getting on the water.

Good idea to wait a day. You might have made it. The sun did a lot to help out today. My concern with fishing big Spring after a heavy snow would be falling in. With all the fluff along banks, you'd have no idea what you are stepping in to. Think about it. 3 feet of snow. One step off a stream bank into 3 feet of water and you are 6 feet bellow the snow line. Then there are drifts. By tomorrow the snow should settle some more. Also, you might have someone else's tracks to follow.

Decided to hit the gunpowder in Maryland with a buddy. It was a beautiful day, we shoveled out a parking spot and we were good to go. We finished thr day with around 15 browns, my buddy landed a nice one around 13-14. I took some pics will be sure to post for Kray.

It's between October 15 and April 15.....I don't think about fishing. LOL. Joined a forum to kill time waiting for the hatches to start.

Kudos to you guys that got out there in this stuff. I'll barely shovel a spot to park in the driveway. No way I'm doing it to fish.

20160125_142507_zpsgmvsgvht.jpg

20160125_113110_zpsg0usjxgp.jpg

20160125_111844_zpsd1vlq62a.jpg

20160125_133818_zpsu7tk8cux.jpg

20160125_111839_zpslkb1ycyb.jpg

20160125_152757_zpswymikn23.jpg

20160125_135140_zpsaf9q6nrp.jpg

Nice shots man!

Nice, that reminds me to get my MD license

Nice looking fish and awesome shots. I have always liked winter pics. The fishing has been excellent up here in the Williamsport area all month, but there is no snow, and it doesn't look like any is coming any time soon.

Winter is by far my favorite time to fish, most of the time I have the river to myself. The snow just makes it that much better. It took me a while to "perfect" my gear so I am comfortable at almost any temp, but I'm glad I didnt give up winter fishing the first time I froze my arse off. Not that I am encouraging anyone else to winter fish the cold days, I would hate to see someone else on the water, lol.

Back