Best flyfisher I ever met.

Cheers

I have one for breakfast.

Michael , God bless your dad and everything he stood for. It's pretty clear that you will be carrying on his philosophy and tradition. Cheers and god bless.

GenCon,

Great story, thanks.

Cheers to your Dad, and all Dads (and Moms) that take their kids fishin'.

My Dad took my fishin' beginning at age 5. He didn't really have the great passion for the sport that I did, but he took me out all the time in my early years because he knew how much I loved to fish.

He's very ill right now, but every time I visit him, it seems the conversation always goes back to the time we spent together fishin'.

Sharing an interest in fly fishing must have been wonderfully special for both of you. Your dad must have been a great dad. I wish my dad shared my passion for fly fishing. Here’s to your dad!

My Dad (departed) started me fishing with a zebco on the Monongahela river, catching catfish, carp and maybe a bass. Eventually, we would fish from a pontoon boat. I then began trout fishing with friends and was the opening day and week after warrior. I always enjoyed streams, though and when my interest was renewed I tried fly fishing.

I took the kids fishing down the river when they were very young. After I started fly fishing, my wife encouraged me to take my son when he was around 8 years old. He eventually started going semi-regularly and attended PAFF Jamborees with me all but last year, I believe.

We haven't been out much at all over the last few years and I miss it. Hopefully we will resume soon; if not, I hope he pays tribute to me after I'm gone like you have to your Dad. So, I pour a shot in my coffee to your Dad, my Dad and all Dad's who share this passion with their children.

Thank you all for your kind response. And yes hats off and drinks raised for everyone who ever takes a child fishing. Or even an adult for that matter.

Regards,

Michael

Back