Been Awhile but making a return

rudeone

rudeone

Hello again everyone,

I have been away for the past couple of years due to the loss of both of my parents to lung cancer. I have not had time to do any fishing for the last 2 1/2 years. Running them back and forth to radiation, chemotherapy, doctors appointments, tests and such. In the end I lost both of them and then had the estate to deal with. So you are probably wondering why I am going into all of this. Through all of trials I have had to deal with (along with my family), the one thing I kept thinking was I have to get back to the serenity of flyfishing once this is all done and said. I have been so busy with this STUFF that I have felt somewhat of a disconnect from my wife and kids especially my 12 year old son. My wife, son and daughter all want me to take them flyfishing now that I have the time again. I am planning on taking them to Harman's, but I have a question. I would like to take a family vacation to one of the western National Parks to do some fishing of course as well as take in the scenery and whatever the park has to offer. Does anyone one have some advice/suggestions as to which park would be better to reconnect with my family and get back to the important things in life?

Thanks in advance,

Rudeone

Sorry to hear about your troubles. As for western national parks, most of them are going to be good. Oh man, the possibilities are endless.

The safe bet is Yellowstone/Tetons. Within the parks, as well as the surrounding area is world famous trout fishing. From touristy places to some serious backcountry trips, with lots of guides available, and plenty of info online and in print.

Glacier, Yosemite, and Rocky Mountain NP have always peaked my interest regarding fly-fishing as well.

Wow, a lot of serious events in a short time. But, what a great way to get back on track by taking the family fishing/hiking/camping or whatever. I favor the trip that let's you all do a variety of things; that way, everyone gets to share their particular passion with one another. Choose a park/region that has some history, some natural wonders, some healthy physical activities, etc. and, of course, some fishes.

I am not a traveler, so I don't have anything more specific to offer.

Back