Anyone going to kettle creek This weekend???

Were you the guy I netted that big one for or was that your buddy? Last year at Leidy I caught 80 or so opening day. It was literally every cast. This year opening day you really had to work for them. Big difference between a stream flow of 80 and a flow of 900.

Yeah deffinetly had to work for them this year. Liked that there wasn't nearly as many people but high water will do that. Now it's time to start planing for upper Delaware trip hoping that the weather is great then and the water levels are good

dryflyklesse wrote:
We had a great weekend near the leidy bridge went down stream and caught 15+ browns and bows swinging olive and white buggers in the fast current. Paddys run also produced a lot of native brookies on big white streamers and stone fly nymphs. I did see a lot of fish caught at the bridge and we rapeled to the middle bridge enbutment but no fish caught in the middle eddy there. Good drinking weekend with the guys even if we didn't get any hatches or risers

Did you see anybody else fishing on Paddys Run? I fished there one time and a bear crossed the stream just above me.

I'm going there Monday morning, and my cabin is on top of the mountain above the Leidy bridge. But I never fish that section - I don't like to stand shoulder to shoulder with other fishermen.

Surprisingly yeah there were spin fishers on paddys run. The section we fished there was five or six with push button zebcos...

dryflyklesse wrote:
Surprisingly yeah there were spin fishers on paddys run. The section we fished there was five or six with push button zebcos...

I'm not surprised. Guys with creels hit the wild trout streams on opening weekend. I've seen it many times on many streams.

I am heading up that way the first week of may, can't wait. I'm hoping to catch the start of the march browns but I don't think that will happen this year due the late spring.

Back