Any Idea as to the Dates for the Conclave of PA Flyfishers?

I appreciate that, pcray. I'll do my best to keep the dates open once they're posted.

When people are introduced to CG's and fly shops as a result of organized events that initiate here, they should mention this when they-rebook or return for a visit. It would go a long way toward advancing the good will the site and our membership are beginning to build.

Jack. this will be my fourth Spring Jam. When I call for my reservation I always mention I'm coming for the PAFF Jam. It will also be my second year rooming with GulfGreyhound, FarmerDave, and maybe one or two more. It's always a great time.
I will be bringing the smoker again and if DKile is lucky enough I may bring him some more #SCRAPPLE looking forward to it.

Forgive my ignorange but this is open to paflyfish members right? I am interested

SlingerFlyRods wrote:
Forgive my ignorange but this is open to paflyfish members right? I am interested

Yes. It's informal - come on by. It's usually called the "Jam" or jamboree.

Hoping to have a free calendar space for the Jam. (I have two upcoming, but not scheduled, weddings this year)

Had a great time last year and look forward to better weather this year.

Looking forward to my first. Does Seven mountains have hookups for a pop up?

Aducker wrote:
I went to the Jam last year for the first time and liked 7 mountains campground. I liked it so much I went back in the fall to camp and fish the area.

Were the streams back down by then?

Those of you getting camp sites, I recommend bringing inflatable pontoons for the tent.

There's a good picture of me somewhere trying for some Brookies last year in the newly formed "Seven Mountains Run" at the low end of the tent section. Good fun was still had by all.

I'll be there this year. Thursday to Sunday probably. I'll be booking my tent/raft site today.

Edit: Found the pic...

Attachments

• Seven Mountain Run - Tent Section.jpg
    Seven Mountain Run - Tent Section.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 5
^ That's a PAFF classic Matt - love it. :lol:

All I know is I got up that morning to look around, and one tent was actually bobbing up and down in the current on the open end.

My first thought was it would have been smarter to have the exit on the uphill side?

Apparently that was your tent, Pat. That's OK because you are small enough to put on wagers while inside of a tent.

I was tempted to give that spot a shot, but Swattie was already fishing it.

The tent actually has a door in the front AND back. ;)

I woke up when my air mattress felt like it was floating. The tent actually remained pretty dry inside. It's a good tent. You could feel flowing water beneath the floor, though, and see it flowing up the one wall it was hitting.

That's OK because you are small enough to put on wagers while inside of a tent.

7 ft ceiling edge to edge. I'd hope you could too!

Unfortunately, though, the waders were in the car.....

PCRAY wrote "Hey, that's my tents front yard!" Ultimate Spot Burn, next question "Wild or stocked?" after that "Swatty pulled a 30 incher out of the deep Table pool hole, another Spot Burn, What fly were you using?

pcray1231 wrote:
The tent actually has a door in the front AND back. ;)

I woke up when my air mattress felt like it was floating. The tent actually remained pretty dry inside. It's a good tent. You could feel flowing water beneath the floor, though, and see it flowing up the one wall it was hitting.

No, you could, I'm not that kind of guy.

7 ft ceiling edge to edge. I'd hope you could too!

Apparently I was looking at a different tent. The one I was talking about was smaller and a little further "upstream."

My tent was next to PCrays. About the same size as Pats tent. I had the EZ up awning setup as a front porch deal to help with rain. I didn't get any water inside. No water underneath. The water came up to the front door thou. From a distance I'm sure it looked like it was floating:) Pat and I had our tents on the "high ground" in that area. My tent also has front and back doors.

I have some pictures of the area after the rain stopped. It was a big flood for the tent area. The rain storm made the tent camping experience interesting:)

The best part about the storm was the night of the storm when Pat drug me out to Penns to fish in the monsoon and we caught fish. I had so much fun I didn't care after that if the tent washed away. LOL. Thanks again Pat, I'll never forget the good time we had.

FYI - I tent camped there again in October this past year. It rained steady but not anywhere near as heavy as it did in May. The entire area was pretty decent and only a couple low soggy spots near the drainage ditch.

Check with the CG. They may allow two tents on a single trailer set up. You can probably pup a canopy as well for a lot less or just the same as the cost of two single sites. You have water and electricity and better ground. The ground may be gravel, but with a heavy ground cover and a cot or air mattress, you won't know the difference and by way more comfy if the traditional rains come knocking at your flap.

Back