Another shop closing its doors....

On the bright side, the younger generation having no face to face interpersonal skills, might solve the overpopulation problems.;-)

FarmerDave wrote:
streamerguy wrote:
FarmerDave, I've always heard talk about another shop that used to be around the Chagrin but didn't really know what it was called or anything. Must have been that Gillies place.

It was on the old building right on the river, just downstream of the bridge in Gates Mills (east side). A young guy started it, but either lost his lease or it failed. I think there is a law office in there now. Like we need more of those.

Pretty sure that trout club is still there.

Pretty sure it is, too. I drove by there on Friday and a vaguely remember seeing the sign. I just don't know if the little fly shop is still there or not. Next time, maybe I will check.

There was a shop in the Trout Club that was open to the public. I think it was still open when I left Cleveland in 1998.
There was also a shop in Sheffield that sold a lot of FF stuff - more than the Orvis store in Chagrin Falls. They weren't a FF store, mainly a camping store, but I bought most of my stuff there at the time.

I wonder how many will be around next year? after the covi-19 devastates the economy later this spring.

Neshannock Creek Outfitters has a new owner as of last June. Bob was still going to work there maybe 3 days a week. I haven’t been there this year due to the “stay at home” stuff, but I met the owner last summer when I was the only one in the shop for about 45 minutes. I really liked his vision for the place.

Prospector wrote:
Neshannock Creek Outfitters has a new owner as of last June. Bob was still going to work there maybe 3 days a week. I haven’t been there this year due to the “stay at home” stuff, but I met the owner last summer when I was the only one in the shop for about 45 minutes. I really liked his vision for the place.

+1

The shop is also now loaded with new merchandise.

Back