and so it begins....

tztrout

tztrout

http://www.douglastonsalmonrun.com/default.aspx?PageID=16

It's been going on for a week or so. My friends both landed one this weekend.

I can't wait.

Can't get up until the first week of October-but Ive been hearing"fish on' in my sleep!

I will be there the first week of october as well. Along with a handful of my goon friends.

If you are downstream of the meadow area, say hi. I will most likely have my PAFF hat on.

Heading up on the 8th-I'm lucky enough to have friends who have a house at the top of the DSR, but I usually try to hit the meadow and clayhole- two of the best spots on the river.

Been going there for 20+ yrs,it still excites me to fight those Mud Sharks.
I'll be up Sept 20-25 and Oct 4-10,I fish the fly zones most of the time,too cheap to fork out $30 for the DSR and that gets crowded as anywhere.
Fish On!

The douglaston run is like any other area on the river. If you are willing to walk, you will find solitude. I have been there on days where I could have fallen and broken a leg and probably been left for dead... During columbus day weekend.

It is worth the $30 for fresh aggressive fish, IMO.

"It is worth the $30 for fresh aggressive fish, IMO."

I was on the website and that $30 will allow you to fish it for a couple of months right?

No, it's $30 a day. I usually pay it on the weekends, and explore the rest of the river on weekdays when the crowds leave. The "red army" thins out then too.

I've started my trip there every time for 4 or 5 years, and wouldn't change it for the world.

I agree completely- dsr is worth every penny during salmon season- plenty of room-generally good behaivior from other anglers- and fish that for the most part haven't been spooked. Get there early or try to buy your passes the day before- they sell out quickly esp on the weekends and Columbus Day weekend in particular

Well I have fished the DSR many times in the past.It's true that they try to keep the goons away and do a pretty good job of it.But at peak times they sell out and when that happens it gets crowded from top to bottom.Also when the fish run they go thru there like a shot so it can be hit and miss.So I go to where the fish are going to end up,the fly zones.Once the fish get there they settle down and start to get very aggresive,I have no problem getting hits and it does n't cost $30.To each his own!

I see just as many snaggers/lifters in the DSR as anywhere else

Yep. I still see nonsense like that going on, but courtesy to other fishermen seems higher, and that's all that matters to me. I don't really mind seeing people snag or lift. It doesn't hurt my personal enjoyment of the fishing at all.

Back