Along the stream...

T

tomitrout

Went for a hike with the girlfriend on Sunday, took the little brookie rod along, since we'd be walking along a brookie stream. Neat stuff out there in the forest...

DSCN5134-M.jpg

DSCN5137-M.jpg

DSCN5139-M.jpg

DSCN5140-M.jpg

DSCN5142-M.jpg

Awesome pics once again.

Awesome wildlife and a beautiful brookie! Makes me want to get out!

Ahhh a patriot, my favorite fly for brookies. Nice photos!

tomi - I must say, you do have an eye for composition and a wonderful talent.

tl
les

you sure know what your doing with a camera man. very nice, thanks for sharing.

All nice pics! Boy is that a chunky and gorgeous, colored-up little brookie! Thanks.

awesome pics, sounds like a fun day

Nice montage Tomi! I'm jealous

Yuh gotta love the fall.....but sometimes it's in the little things where you find the best colors.

tommi,
How do you get the colors to show so vibrantly? It seems that the colors in my photos are always so dull as in the pic below. This brookie was colored up beautifully but it didn't show up that way.
UG0Xh.jpg

fKrmw.jpg

Like this?

You can play play with the settings to enhance the pic, but the quality of the pic and lighting is most important. It looks like your pic was taken on a cloudy day.

Attachments

• fKrmw.jpg
    fKrmw.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 3
Also, most often those great scenery pics we often see are taken with the sun low in the sky like early morning or evening, when the lighting is right.

cs, not sure what you're shooting with, but tinker with whatever settings you can. Play with your white balance and color settings in camera if possible to match the conditons you're in. I don't usually do much post processing other than cropping unless it's a shot I really like, but not happy with and really want to make the most of. Also try to be conscious of lighting angles when you shoot, changing perspective just a bit can reduce/eliminate the glare you get off the fish which will help the colors come thru, which you might not notice if you're wearing your tinted polorized glasses at the time...

tomitrout wrote:
cs, not sure what you're shooting with, but tinker with whatever settings you can. Play with your white balance and color settings in camera if possible to match the conditons you're in. I don't usually do much post processing other than cropping unless it's a shot I really like, but not happy with and really want to make the most of. Also try to be conscious of lighting angles when you shoot, changing perspective just a bit can reduce/eliminate the glare you get off the fish which will help the colors come thru, which you might not notice if you're wearing your tinted polorized glasses at the time...

Thanks I was wondering the same thing, I believe I saw in the other thread you use a Pentax too? I have and optio w90 I believe. Every once in awhile, I get a quality shot, yours are much more consistent. Guess I really need to take some time and learn more about my camera.

Back