Allbright A5 8"6 5wt

That sale is killing me. I'm not really in the market for a new rod, just always have my eyes open for a small stream setup (right now I use a 8' 5w). Sounds like everyone likes their products, but I've never touched an Albright before...

i am going to pull the trigger on a 3wt 7'6" here pretty directly as soon as my wife gets over the new vice and large arbor battenkill trout reel .....hehehee

That's what I was going to get! What reel would pair it with?

i don't see anywhere on albrights web site about the spend 100 and get free rod etc. deal , maybe i am blind , can someone help me here

It's right on the main page--http://www.albrightflyfish.com/
Scroll down below the box that says "save up to 80%"

gulfgreyhound wrote:
I saw on another site that if you buy a 100$ they give you another rod?
That offer ends this Saturday by the way .....

Just ordered a 9' 5WT 4pc GP and a Bugati to match it. That only took me to 94 bucks and change, so I threw in a 6 WT intermediate sink to pair with the 8' 5WT they are sending me. Even if I don't like them, they will fill the niche until I have more time to build them.(read 18-20 years)

Boyer

The fishing sucked, so the albright didn't get much of a test. Steelie fishing was slow. The only people really hooking up were flossing half dead salmon.

alright my mistake , when i found the link a while ago it was not albrights main page , thats why i didn't see the yellowstone rod offer. the bugati reel or the gpx should be light enough to balance the 7'6" 3 wt

I called Albright because im very interested in buying one of their rods. I told them with the new baby on the way i couldnt afford one (even though the prices are so low until early Nov. They told me all kinds of sales will be going on until the end of the year. I wouldnt wait though! These rods will probably go fast.

On a side note. the nice man on the phone thanked me for saying i find them to be equal to my superfine :lol:

the biggest reason i want a albright rod is because i constantly crawl through the brush looking at the stream to see the next run or hole and ram my rod tip into a tree , therefore if i get a cheap rod and break it its no big deal , heheee

I just order a new rod from Albright. Really looking forward to testing it out. I got the A5 7'6 4wt rod and GPXR Fly Reel 3/4.

Plus a got a free GP rod!

Can anyone recommend a good line for the GPXR Fly Reel 3/4? I will be fishing streams in chester county. What line works well for the Albright reels?

Thanks!
- JON

Good deals on line. http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShopping/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=4

You likely won't be making too long of a cast so I'd go with a DT. You can reverse it after a couple years of use.

Bam. what do ya think. Go with the rio or scientific angler

Back