All i can say

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
lol your right

Didn't you mean: "You're right"?

(OK, I'll stop.)

no i meant im suprised your right ;-)

scuds are close to a seafood dinner for trout.. There are some real fresh water shrimp in some rivers, Monongahela, for one

PC

As of right now...there is now comparison to the Lehigh and AR. What I was trying to point out is the potential with some management changes in Reservoir operations.

Food base is there in the Lehigh. The stonefly population can rival some western rivers. There is every major east coast mayfly hatch on the Lehigh, except for the Green Drake. A large variety and high populations of caddis species.

Not saying there would be world record fish in the Lehigh, but the potential to produce large wild trout is there. Consistent 20" fish could be quite possible.

AR has sick brown trout fisheries. If you have never been down there, I highly recommend it.

Lehigh,

I'll agree that the Lehigh could be better than it is, it could become a lunker brown trout fishery where 20 inchers are not unusual at all. There are other fisheries in this state, as you mentioned, that this could be/is the case.

My contention is that they're still not ever going to be on the same scale as the Arkansas tailwaters for truly trophy fish. A 20 incher is a trophy in my book, but in the grand scheme of things thats a 4 or 5 lb fish. I could see the Lehigh producing decent numbers of 4-5 pounders with the occasional trophy around 10 pounds.

The best trophy brown fishery in the state, and one with an awful lot of room for improvement, is still Lake Erie. They're thinking about trying to enhance it much as NY State does, and IMO, it could rival the NY State Lake Run brown trout fishery (hopefully without the snagging fishermen).

Most stream fisheries, even tailwaters, can't compete with Ocean or lake run fisheries as far as numbers and size of the fish.

Completely different dynamics. Plus the majority of fishery is mostly seasonal when it comes to fishing the "run" period of time.

It sure would be interesting if they can develope it.

Back