A few more buggers

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Tried every color you can think of last night :)

The buggers on the right have a decently shorter tail. I tried to adhear to the advice i had been given but I can't make a bugger with a tiny tail or small hackle.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Resampled952012-06-069523-19-4495484.jpg
    Resampled952012-06-069523-19-4495484.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 9
Also added some flash as suggested to a few of them. I love the top right fly that has olive pearl chenille. I used it on my crayfish patern for extra pop

Those look like great flies! The proportions are great!

Very nice again Mike. I like the one on the right, third from the top...I've been messing around with different colors in the tail trying to come up with a mini Brookie Bugger...black on top, olive in the middle, then orange on the bottom. Olive body with a black hackle. Red thread. In the end Buggers just plain work and I'm not sure all the fiddling with color makes much of a difference to the fish over a standard black or olive, but it's fun nonetheless.

Just regular cones for now but i got set up with hareline and may be making both varieties now. Cant wait to start tying with tung. Just could never afford the price hike. Is it that big of a difference. I weight these guys now as well and like the body size i get from them.

i made a few beadhead buggers in size 10 for a guy who only fishes bamboo and brookie and could not have heavy flies. What a difference in trying to tie up those little guys. It was like tying a dry fly to me since i am used to the size 2/4/6 buggers.

Yeah that orange one was my tiger bugger. The 3rd one down from the top right is a dace bugger with the dace colors for marabou. I like that brookie idea.

I am going to meet with a private trout club about being their tyer on saturday morning wish me luck! The guy told me that the fish range from 16 to 30". I volunteered to help them move them from the hatchery to the holding pond as well. Might have to make some fake sucess pics with the 30" brownies we will be moving. :) so you guys will think these flies work ;)

Hope we get to "try them out" on the stream.

I am not big on pay to play but with the mrs on maternity leave you gotta do what you gotta do to support the family.

Thanks for the help in improving my buggers!

Back