4th Annual Erie, Pa Steelhead JAM!

Thanks will try to make it.

Coming up Saturday morning. Heading to The mouth of Trout Run @ 6am. Will check out Foleys once the lake blows up or the fishing doesn't work out.

Good luck, guys. Was on Elk today, caught this guy below Folly's.

PB151055.jpg

^ Good omen.
||

All packed up will be heading up after I drop my son off for hockey after school. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully catching first fish on fly rod. Norm

hey guys...I have to work all day tomorrow so my best bet is Sunday...I'll see you all at Folly's

Those who attended this year I'd appreciate some feedback. Anything I could do in the next few years to improve the event. Was thinking of moving the dates to October next year to potentially get off our bad track record of horrible conditions. Any input is appreciated.

Ryan

p.s. sorry I messed up my own calendar and couldn't attend for very long. I'll do a better job of that next year!

Ryan, don't be discouraged, and I hope you aren't. Certainly this year did not result in the expected attendance. The Spring Jam is so much easier, because everyone is planning to fish the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weekend of May anyhow. It is an all-purpose FFing event.

These specialty "mini-Jams" will not get the level of commitment from potential participants simply because other "life events" will be more important. In May, what could be more important than being on Penn's or Spring, or ....

It was purely circumstantial that I could not make it this year. It sounds like that was true for a number of folks that otherwise would have surely made it.

If I had to point to the one thing that improves any "jam," it would be a central meeting location and enough people around that at least some other attendee will be around when any other person happens to "show up." This is why, I think, the Spring Jam is successful. Not only because of the time of year as noted earlier, but also because the attendees all stay in the same location, with adequate provisions for a group gathering each morning, and each evening. It helps, as well, to have 17 hours of daylight versus 12.

Thanks for organizing this. I hope to see you all next year!

I'm in no way discouraged. If I'm discouraged in anything it's the bad fishing we've had during this event the last 3 years. Nothing I can fix.

I just didn't attend for more than a few hours this year and curious how everyone enjoyed it and if they had any input on changes. I don't expect it to be as big as the Spring JAM, but want to make sure that everyone who attends is taken care of. Hope everyone had fun this year and most of all they enjoyed the donuts!

Ryan

Ryan I had a great time evn getting skunked, I learned a bit and met some good people, and that was the point. Thanks for organizing it hope to attend again. Norm
PS donuts good

ryguyfi wrote:
I'm in no way discouraged. ....Ryan

Great! Take my suggestion with a grain of salt. As it will rarely be camping season for the Steelhead, you have a tough road to hoe.

ROW to hoe...its a farming metaphor.

"Road to ho" is an urban metaphor!

ryguyfi wrote:
I'm in no way discouraged. If I'm discouraged in anything it's the bad fishing we've had during this event the last 3 years. Nothing I can fix.

I just didn't attend for more than a few hours this year and curious how everyone enjoyed it and if they had any input on changes. I don't expect it to be as big as the Spring JAM, but want to make sure that everyone who attends is taken care of. Hope everyone had fun this year and most of all they enjoyed the donuts!

Ryan

Ryan,

Below is a pic from the 2012 WW Jam I put together in August. Results from the year before weren't much better. Everyone had fun, put no guarantees on the fishing.

Attachments

• WW Jam '12.jpg
    WW Jam '12.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3
Ryan,
Put me on the list as having had a great time. Caught my first steel and got a good overview of the whole scene. Thanks to you.
Dutifully delivered left over donuts on Sun morning, but As far as I know no one else was around. Left donuts, less one, just in case others showed later, but had to head back myself. Great to meet you and briefly a few others. Bert

Back