3wt Line Selection

Madison River Fishing Co. has the Rio LT (light touch) in WF and DT on sale for about $35 right now. I just ordered a 4 wt DT line. I cannot comment on how good it is, but I wanted a light line for dries and this one was a good price.

I never liked the Cortland 444 lines. I used to buy them often, but I felt that they cracked much more easily that other lines I owned.

The Orvis Wonderline I have I am not too happy with lately. I have one that is good and another that seems to retain its memory and coils up too much even though I try to stretch it to keep it from coiling up, but that does not seem to work. In cold weather it is worse.

Do not all lines coil up when it's cold out? I have not found one yet. Also if you leave your rod and line in the car when it's cold out this will also affect its recoil.
The Cortland 444, I agree, they don;t seam to last as long. Part of the problem is that I don't clean and lube them often enough.
Anyways, I like weight forward or the double taper best.

PennypackFlyer wrote:
Do not all lines coil up when it's cold out? I have not found one yet. Also if you leave your rod and line in the car when it's cold out this will also affect its recoil.
The Cortland 444, I agree, they don;t seam to last as long. Part of the problem is that I don't clean and lube them often enough.
Anyways, I like weight forward or the double taper best.
IMO Cortland's "Sylk" line is their most supple line and the best of the lot for cold weather.

i prefer a dt on my 3wts

Back