12" Freestone Wild Brookie Thread

I certainly did but that last post was funnier and yet I think you were serious too ;-)

I'll admit though when I messed up the kitchen carving a brookalope she wasn't too happy

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I'll admit though when I messed up the kitchen carving a brookalope she wasn't too happy

Are you mounting the antlers?

FarmerDave wrote:
I married a gem.

I hope it was a legal sized one, and not caught in a former BTE area. You know the WCO's watch these boards right?

I knew you were kidding in regards to Sal. I was mostly kidding in my response back...mostly.

I said gem, not gemmie.

And yes, I was somewhat serious in most of that one.;-)

Are you mounting the antlers?

I am going to grind them up into a fine powder and use it as a Hy-Flote to make my fly offering look bigger and more attractive.

Well afishinado, sorry to be late in responding as I was being a sucker. Don't worry though I don't work too hard.

If you need a deal on a watch I got your bases covered- got a dressy Bulova, Sunnto gear head watch that's as big as a condo on your wrist- even tell the elevation or a stainless Seiko dive watch good to 100 feet.

I just thought with the proliferation of cell
Phones watches are obsolete

acristickid wrote:

Well, you thought wrong.

I rarely carry a cel phone, and almost never when fishing. That's a general rule so there may have been exceptions.

I find them annoying.

If you hear one when along a stream or at a restaurant, I guarantee it isn't me.

Yes. I am a dinosaur. I can live with that.

Now if someone invented a cel phone I could wear on my wrist...

Oh wait. LOL!

FarmerDave wrote:
acristickid wrote:

Well, you thought wrong.

I rarely carry a cel phone, and almost never when fishing. That's a general rule so there may have been exceptions.

I find them annoying.

If you hear one when along a stream or at a restaurant, I guarantee it isn't me.

Yes. I am a dinosaur. I can live with that.

Now if someone invented a cel phone I could wear on my wrist...

Oh wait. LOL!

Or maybe if someone invented a volume button or a mute button. Or airplane mode that would shutdown RF communications if you wanted peace :-D

It's still easier to look at my wrist if I want to know what time it is.

Here's an app for your cel phones.

Attachments

• ht_x_ray_ipod_ss_jp_111212_ssv.jpg
    ht_x_ray_ipod_ss_jp_111212_ssv.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm free to go as often as I'd like, and often with no time constraints...but when I *do* make a commitment to be back at a certain time, the watch helps.

The cell phone goes just to take photos. I actually rarely use my iPhone for phone calls, and I give my number to almost no one to ensure I won't get called often.

I've fished with you when your fiancee came along, Sal. She does enjoy the time on the stream. My wife has come upon occasion, as long as the mosquitoes are not active--but we both enjoy my fishing better if we do it separately. ;)

Now all of this has me thinking of fishing...and this weekend its supposed to get warm!

Alnitak wrote:

The cell phone goes just to take photos.

Yep. I always take my phone with me. As soon as I get to the stream and let someone know where I am, I put it in airplane mode and it becomes a camera.

Its 100 times easier to look at a watch to check the time.

Here's one I got floating with a buddy in one of the larger freestones stripping streamers, it was a smidge of 13". He got one 15" that day and beastly 20" brookie that I don't have a picture of, all were released. I'm not so sure that it was a wild fish as the fins were pretty beat up. All of the other fish were perfect specimens though.

Attachments

• 13 brookie.jpg
    13 brookie.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4
Back