..you know you'r a fly fiherman if......

brookieaddict

brookieaddict

your kids are named, Brookie and March, your cell phone ring is a fly reel drag, you bought your wife a ten day fly fisihing trip for two to Alaska for Her birthday,- she doesnt fish. your office screen saver is a tarpon fighting all the way to the boat,you hunt through all the estate sales looking for the one that looks fishy, you only have twenty two rods and reels-your ten short, your wife said NO to the offer to repaint the living room with fishing scenes........... keep it going...................

you chase the cat/dog around the house to get dubbing.....

Stevie-B wrote:
you chase the cat/dog around the house to get dubbing.....

Who brought the cat dubbing to the Jam? I can't believe I forgot where that came from.

Boyer

When it's raining- YOU are heading to the stream when everyone else is leaving. And your family and friends say"What are you a weatherman?"

Jack Steele brought the cat dubbing, but I can't remember the cat's name.

Merle

You're not a farmer, but you get excited when it rains.

"When someone says.......... "Excuse me, Sir, but your "fly" is open!" and you start patting all your pockets, looking for an errant fly box.
"Your boss, easily talks you into working an extra shift, because he knows your passion and calls it "pulling a double haul".
"You can't stand the man, but you still fish with your doctor, or, dentist, on occasion,because of all the cool specialty tying tools he gives you free".
"You think, you're superior, because you won't believe that a San Juan Worm and Strike Indicator...............isn't the same as a plastic worm and a bobber.
"You carry a complete "Road Kill Retriever Kit" in your car at all times".
"You're responsible for causing at least, ten major highway pile ups, when suddenly breaking for something dead, along the side of the road".
"Your wife blames YOU, every time guests find marabou, floating in their coffee, or stuck to their dinner napkin".
"Your closest non-fishing friends, are a turkey farmer, a chicken farmer and a guy that raises peacocks and Ginnie Hens, for a hobby."
"You're completely baffled, when your wife blows her cool, just because when she drove to the store....... the car seat was wet".
"You can recite, a minimum, of 103 different insect names in Latin, but you don't have a CLUE.....as to what "E Pluribus Unum" means".

when your working on your 9th wife because all the others didn't understand the relationship between you and your rod...

If your family rolls their eyes everytime you say "I think I saw a rise" as you are driving past a body of water.

You check out the ornamental office ponds to see if they support insect life.

Cat fur dubbing is great! I got an orange cat that is a huge pain in my butt but its fur works great to keep those sulphurs afloat!

...When you vacuum the floors you take pride in being able to "roll cast" the cord around the dining room chairs...

tomgambler,
You nailed it for me. I roll cast everything I can get my hands on.

tomgamber wrote:
...When you vacuum the floors you take pride in being able to "roll cast" the cord around the dining room chairs...

I like that one Tom.

When driving with the family you drive off the burm and look over the bridge at the water.

You get excited when on a trip to a place you've never been and you decend a hill knowing the will be a creek at the bottom. You slow the car to a dangerously slow spped to look over the bridge.

You go to a riverside restaurant and oggle the bugs in the lights rather than listen to the conversation with your wife.

You percieve tying materials out of every child craft kit they bring to the table.

you pick up the kids jump rope and actually try to cast the handle on the other end knowing the handle you are holding isn;t long enough and the handle on the terminal end is too heavy.

Dear brookie addict,

.......if you quit fishing for trout about the second week in September because all the streams are in God-awful shape and think why kick the crap out of some dumb fish just for sport?

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

When your spin casting buddies are hooking trout left and right on rooster tails and red worms, and they say "come on, try it". You say no thats cheating.
When you try to explain that FF is really a sport and the people that dont fish think youre beer swilling on a bank somewhere, or you have suit with Gatorade, or Daiwa emblazoned on it while standing on your bass boat.
When you study insects and others around you think you've finally lost it.
When you pay more for tying materials than you would just buying ready made.
When your friends say, "you mean you dont eat'em?"
When you have heard a 1000 times, "I've always wanted to try that flyfishing."
When you start formulating a fly that catches sharks.

When you get back from the bar and demand your friends let you at least check out "fly fishing the world" on tv because you saw it was on. At this point, you see the scenery and lay 5-1 that it's the pategonia region of Argentina. You get a taker, and laugh all the way to the bank.

When you come back from the bar a week later, this time in a bit worse shape. You sit there and decide to watch a few movies, and all you can comment on is about how "you'd lay 5-1 that there are trout in that river there".

Yeah, I'm a gambler.

Oh, and also... the best one.

It's sunday afternoon and you're bored. You decide walk downtown and get a mayfly tattoo put on your arm and call it a day.

When you realize the reason that you are so sleepy and just want to go up on the bank and take a little nap is because you are in an advanced stage of hypothermia and will never wake up if you do, force yourself back to the truck ,sleep 8 solid hours,grab something to eat and hit the water again-you are a nut of the best kind-A fly fisherman.
True story.

When the girl you are dating gets mad at you because you spend more time on the water than you do with her :-o

When every flyshop owner within 2hrs drive of your home knows your name, your spouse's name and can help pick out Christmas gifts when your family is shopping for you.

Back