stolen fishing gear

M

moon1284

I recently have had my vehicle stolen from New Castle, DE. In the trunk of the vehicle I had the following fishing equipment:

Custom Lamiglas fiberglass (yellow) fly rod. 7' 3pc 3wt
Sf recoil guides, yellow and white wraps, zebra wood reel seat

Cutsom Dan Craft FT graphite (matte grey) fly rod 8'6" 4 pc 3wt
Alconite sf guides, black wraps with white trim, tiger maple reel seat

Custom Sage SP (gloss green) fly rod 10' 3 pc 7wt
Sf recoil guides, black wraps, black aluminum reel seat

Custom Seeker fiberglass (matte black) spinning rod, 7' 2pc ml power, black wraps, cork tennessee grip

Production Lamiglass Apalachain Series Fly Rod 7' 3pc 3wt

Production St. Croix legend elite fly rod (green) 9'6" 6wt

Orvis Battenkill Disc 3/4 wt reel

J Austin Forbes Magnesium reel (1-3wt)

Lamson Waterworks older style reel (velocity?) (2-3wt)

No-name large arbor silver machined fly reel (7-8wt)

Shimano Stradic FG 2000 spinning reel

Brand New William Joseph Drynamic waders (size M)

Brand New Cloudveil 8x wading boots (Size 8)

If anyone sees any of this equipment for sale please contact me at mfmarrone@gmail.com

Thank you.

Sorry man!!! That is a big hit. Hope they find the person and your stuff!

Why are you carrying all of that stuff in your car?!?!?! Keep an eye on craigslist.

check with your home owners insurance for coverage

Why are you carrying all of that stuff in your car?!?!?! Keep an eye on craigslist.

Sight, do me a favor. Get in your car, turn around and look behind you! You have his inventory plus sometimes a dog and/or boat! LOL!

If you have a homeowners or renters policy you would likely be covered.

moon1284...Oh man, that sucks!!

Having just been through a stolen vehicle ordeal myself (King of Prussia, PA Corp Complex), I can only imagine how it must feel like you have been kicked in the balls! Like some others have mentioned, look into your insurance policy and you should be covered for the gear. Except you will be out your deductible. Hopefully the insurance company will make you partly whole.

One brite spot is it looks like they did not get a vest with flies. That would be a nitemare! Can't imagine explaining to an insurance company that those 5,000 tiny little things are each like $2 a piece.

LOL...

Also added to the list:

Dark Green Vest
8 fly boxes with assorted flies, as well as tippet, snips, dressing, etc.

Sorry moon, that really sucks. All your rods are custom-built from your description and not run-of-the-mill type or brand rods. Perhaps we can all keep an eye out in ads for these rods and other equipment. Good luck.

Make sure you compile a complete list before you submit the claim. Those claim handling jerks will try to stiff you! If you submit a claim and try to change it, they may say NO NO unless it works out in their favor of course.

I only have that amount of stuff for an extended trip. Right now, only thing in the car is a new anchor I got at lunch and a cast-master for the WW JAM. sight_nymph

some home owners insurance will not cover recreational items ...like fishing stuff , boat , atv etc ...good luck and like someone else said why u have all that stuff in car , where you moving ?

some home owners insurance will not cover recreational items ...like fishing stuff , boat , atv etc ...good luck

This is incorrect. Homeowners do not cover motorized vehicles, i.e. ATV's unless they are exclusively used to maintain the dwelling and never taken off premises. There is very limited coverage for boats, like small sail boats and

i guess it depends on the company , home owners means covered under the insured name property dwelling , the property was in a car not located on the insured property ,. the auto insurance will onmy cover items stolen from a car that were purchased as factory equiipment on the car at time of purchase , unless u have a inland marine policy and it would be covered under business auto but coverage is limited to scheduled items listed on policy ! my tractor is covered under home owners until i take it off the property , i am kinda curious as to how this plays out !!! once again i have my doubts it is covered ,. if the person was a guide and had business auto and listed the items as scheduled then yes it would be covered !

I had a $1400 fishing gear theft from my car covered under homeowners with Nationwide. Minus deductible and depreciation, I got $890 immediately. Then as I replaced items, I got their depreciation back all the way up to the $250 deductible.

Just sayin'.....

Each Homeowners/Renters Policy is written differently, you will need to contact your agent, but make sure that your list is complete, as stated before, it can sometimes be hard to add to the list once submitted. I write insurance for 15 different companies and each one has it's own set of rules.

maurice where was it stolen from ?

my car...I added it to the post.....thanks for reminding me. :-D My car was at the Codorus TT section.

That's brutal. Good luck finding them... and do include your flies. I couldn't imagine trying to fill 8 boxes worth from scratch. Especially streamers.

i guess it depends on the company , home owners means covered under the insured name property dwelling , the property was in a car not located on the insured property ,. the auto insurance will onmy cover items stolen from a car that were purchased as factory equiipment on the car at time of purchase , unless u have a inland marine policy and it would be covered under business auto but coverage is limited to scheduled items listed on policy ! my tractor is covered under home owners until i take it off the property , i am kinda curious as to how this plays out !!! once again i have my doubts it is covered ,. if the person was a guide and had business auto and listed the items as scheduled then yes it would be covered !

You are absolutely wrong on 95% of your post and I say that with 100% confidence. I can address these individually if you like or you can trust that I know what I am talking about.

Each Homeowners/Renters Policy is written differently, you will need to contact your agent, but make sure that your list is complete, as stated before, it can sometimes be hard to add to the list once submitted. I write insurance for 15 different companies and each one has it's own set of rules.

Everyone of the 15 companies is using the ISO 91 or 00 form which would provide coverage for theft from anywhere subject to policy limitations and exclusions.

Adding an item or items to a personal property inventory list that was forgotten is not a problem, except that it would seem quite strange if major items had been forgotten. You are correct that it is best to get it right the first time.

Edit: Oh ya, forgot to add . . . some companies will not charge you a deductible for both the auto and homeowners loss, instead they will just apply a single deductible, whichever is higher of course.

Look on ebay for items listed in this area. I think you can search by zip code. They may pawn it I guess, it's still probably going online soon.

Back