Looking to Spruce Up Your Fishing Life?

Gorosaurus

Gorosaurus

What YOU need is a stream-side cottage! Somewhere where you could kick your heels up, watch the mayflies coming off the water, and maybe treat a few close friends to some quality fishing.

Consider this lovely fixer-upper along the quiet, scenic waters of Spruce Creek!

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/life/home/pennsylvania-iron-magnates-1834-fairbrook-manor-for-sale-697218/

fairbrook-manor-built-in-1834_420.jpg

This property is also a hotspot for babes:
virginia-harpster_420.jpg

You've toiled all your life, haven't you earned the right to splurge a little?*

*Note: Offer only worth considering for people with more disposable income than God himself. If you happen to have 3.2 million lying around, however, send me a PM and we'll be right on track to becoming the best friends ever.

PAFF group buy.

Pi Alpha Phi FRAT HOUSE!

Ahh, that's a kick in the bucket if you won the Powerball on Wednesday.

Someone will buy it. I might if I could afford it. Be a great base of operations for the area. First order of business would be a permit to remove that dam and the concrete raceway.

I wouldn't but it. Why spend THAT kind of money on a "stocked" trout stream. Imagine what it might be worth if it was a WILD trout stream!

Step one..purchase. Step two...posted signs every 10'. Step three...offer to sell to Don Beaver for a nice profit.

krayfish wrote:
Step one..purchase. Step two...posted signs every 10'. Step three...offer to sell to Don Beaver for a nice profit.

gfen and Donnie are like this (crossing index and middle fingers).

It will not sell that high, but asking that will help it sell for more than it is worth. It would be great if someone bought it and became an advocate locally for not stocking. It may take a few years, but it will revert wild, and have migrants from stocked sections. An interesting mix, like the Harvey Stretch.

Back Clarks, the house on Camp Schikilemi(sp?) was for sale. Im assuming someone bought it because I cant find it now. Was like 2 million. Pretty sweeeet place. If only I could get that powerball!

I'm gonna start calling my house a manor!! maybe poison ivy manor!! or ragweed manor, or tentworm manor, or.... :pint:

Even if you were able to get a good deal on the house, it would still take a crap load of money to fix the place up. Based on the article, it sounds like the house hasn't been lived in full time for many decades. Also the bathrooms haven't been updated since they were installed in the 60's.

Is this a typo:

Real Estate taxes $5034.00

Or has some form of property tax reform come to Huntingdon County?

I'm paying more than half of that amount in property taxes and I do not live in a 1.5 Million dollar house..

AndyP wrote:
I hope to buy a vacation home in the next few years and my wife surprised me by saying she'd rather have a place in the ''mountains/country'' vs. a beach house. With all of the changes in the state due to the drilling activity were would you pick as the place to be. i know everyones interest will vary but just curious to see what responses I'll get.

Hey Andy.....here ya go!

afishinado wrote:
AndyP wrote:
I hope to buy a vacation home in the next few years and my wife surprised me by saying she'd rather have a place in the ''mountains/country'' vs. a beach house. With all of the changes in the state due to the drilling activity were would you pick as the place to be. i know everyones interest will vary but just curious to see what responses I'll get.

Hey Andy.....here ya go!

You know I could swing it but those taxes at $5400 a year would be too much in my retirement years...!! Yeah, right......

Well, for what it's worth, I'm game for the group-buy. I've got a solid $50 with this written all over it.

Though it appears those allocations might have already been moved to the beer fund.

Is Spuce not a wild trout fishery??

foxfire wrote:
Is Spuce not a wild trout fishery??

Not really. While it is not stocked by the FBC, many of the landowners stock it or have stocked it. The wild fish do their best to try to hold their own, but life is tough for them.

Back