Fishing With a Fox.....

englishprof

englishprof

Fished with one today. Damn, is he an early riser!!!!! Great guy and even better fisherman. Can't wait to get out with him again. Hopefully next weekend if it's okay with the "Fox".

I've also fished with the Fox at the Buttcrack of dawn. He's damned energetic for that time of day.

Damn, we are old, we are supposed to get up early and go to bed early! To put in the words of Arnold (in I think Kindergarten Cop but we all know about my movie reference faux paus), "Stop Whining!"

If you've ever had a cup of Fox's coffee, you'd understand everything. :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
If you've ever had a cup of Fox's coffee, you'd understand everything. :-D

Oh, you did not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox: Thanks for taking the Prof and I to "uncharted waters" for us. Might well be our new "home waters". The biggest fun of the day was when you gave the Prof one of your specially tied "Fox Inchworms" and he caught a fish in the first few casts while you were watching. I could hear you guys hootin' and hollerin' some 50 yards downstream!

I've been known to be a bit demonstrative on the stream. LOL

You were upstream!!!!! Fox or someone, please explain to him the difference between up and down. I've tried.....I give up.

LOL, I didnt want to mention it but we do need to do something about Fade's downstream propensity! He spookith all the fishith's!

Amen!!!!! I've been telling him this for years. His response, "I hate to fish upstream".

We have to convince him that there is a big difference between fishing (not catching) downstream to spooky fish and catching those very same fish by fishing upstream. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, need ideas.

I got it, I'll be the "ichworm nazi". Until we get him fishing upstream, "No Inchworm for you!" :lol:

Did I happen to mention I hate fishing upstream? This I why I love fishing the UD as Weemer says to fish downstream. He is my hero. Anyway, just to stop all the criticism about my propensity to fish down stream last night I ordered about $50 worth of wet flies on line. [PS When did wets become known as "soft hackle"?] Since wets are supposed to be fished downstream I hope to silence the criticism.

fadeaway263 wrote:
Did I happen to mention I hate fishing upstream? This I why I love fishing the UD as Weemer says to fish downstream. He is my hero. Anyway, just to stop all the criticism about my propensity to fish down stream last night I ordered about $50 worth of wet flies on line. [PS When did wets become known as "soft hackle"?] Since wets are supposed to be fished downstream I hope to silence the criticism.

Me thinks you wasted your denaro if you think that will stop the criticizm. I criticize me, so you ain't getting off the hook. Somehow I don't think the Prof will be easy on you either.

Need to work on my Leisenring Lift technique though.

Foxgap239 wrote:
I got it, I'll be the "ichworm nazi". Until we get him fishing upstream, "No Inchworm for you!" :lol:

Fox: You call those things you tie "inch worms"? They look like pregnant Greenie Weenies on steroids IMHO!

fadeaway263 wrote:
Fox: You call those things you tie "inch worms"? They look like pregnant Greenie Weenies on steroids IMHO!

OMG, you have now offended me beyond repair!

You can call those green things anything you want.....they catch fish. As for the wet flies, I told him to use them. At least then he would be fishing the flies in the right direction.....downstream. Never said a thing about catching fish with them. He doesn't seem to get the main reason for fishing upstream.....which you've already pointed out.

After 30 years you want change?

Just when are you supposed to fish when the tempas are as high as they are? Mid-afternoon? Sheesh!

I quickly learned that all fishing sessions with Fox start with a simple question: "Fox, did you remember to take your meds?" :)

Back