12+ lb (yes, pound) trout caught on Little Lehigh

greenlander

greenlander

Seriously?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8049862

Get ready for the LL to get pounded for the next month or so. :)

There was a brown bigger than that stocked in the Tully a couple weeks ago. I wonder if that is the beast I saw in LL on Friday. Would have to have moved out of Heritage section (unless guy caught it in fly).

Good lord, they stock 10+ pounders? Who knew?

man i wish i could catch one even half that size on opening day so i could snap some photos and let it go. I love the looks i get when i catch fish and let them go people look at you like what the hell man... lol love it.

ps that guy must of had some heavy tackle for that fish to only put up a 12 min fight. My opening day 4'7'' ugly stick with 2lb test would have taken forever lol

actually i think he did the LL a service by taking it home....i would have, dont need that pig figuring out how to eat those wild browns..

I liked the way this guy lashed the fish through the nose to keep it. Classy. I'll bet that fish tasted great! Probably end up as a dust collector on the wall.

Meh

The PFBC should call this the "stock and awe campaign."

Very creative TB! lol Congrats to the angler, but I don't think I see a 12lb + fish there? It does look like he's had steroids though. ;-)

"stock & awe..." Brilliant! (clink)

Glad he took it home too, but if he wanted to mount it he wouldn't have eaten it. There are always some big ones there to be taken one of the local clubs puts them in over a Class A population. I hope they take all the stockies home. In a wild trout stream stockies should never be out back.

wildtrout2 wrote:
Very creative TB! lol Congrats to the angler, but I don't think I see a 12lb + fish there? It does look like he's had steroids though. ;-)

Ah, there was no picture in the article when I posted it last night.

Agreed that that doesn't look like a 12 pounder. Looks like a bit more than half that size, 7 or 8 maybe.

Picture must be deceiving.

"actually i think he did the LL a service by taking it home....i would have, dont need that pig figuring out how to eat those wild browns.."

----
slow starvation is more likely. the wild browns are certainly more adept ate eating other wild browns.

greenlander wrote:
wildtrout2 wrote:

Ah, there was no picture in the article when I posted it last night.

Agreed that that doesn't look like a 12 pounder. Looks like a bit more than half that size, 7 or 8 maybe.

Picture must be deceiving.
That's what I thought. But, they just showed video of it on the 12:00PM news, and it really is that big. I'd still much rather catch a 10" native that man didn't have anything to do with. Just say'n.

yeah I've hooked a few 12lb steelhead and that looks to be the size of a typical steelhead (6-9lbs). That's the only comparison I have. Still don't understand the rationale of stocking over a good population of wild fish, but that's been discussed many many times on here.

double post...

Kudos to the guy who caught the fish - sounds like a memorable opening day. While I don't personally care for palominos, this was a great catch for this fellow and the mount will make for some great memories.

It's a nice fish but I do agree..... it's not 12lbs.

That was probably the one I saw the other day at Kecks bridge, I didn't get out, should go now... I bet those nice ones there are long gone tho.

haha.... i think thats one ugly fish, regardless of its size. Maybe he could get one of those dumb jackalope mounts to make his wall look more ridiculous

Why would anyone consider spending the money for a mount of a fish that just was stocked a couple days before it was caught?Where is there any skill involved in that?
And a Banana trout at that,they look like freaks!

Back