unibobbers????

skiltonian

skiltonian

indicator flies to a whole new level

Attachments

• unibobber2.gif
    unibobber2.gif
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
I know JayL has tied a few flies with these. I don't use too many dry dropper rigs that would be big enough to use one of these. Looks interesting though.

Part of me wants to try them but I don't like using indicators as fish like to some times strike at them instead. They seems useful though.

bassistjon112 wrote:
Part of me wants to try them but I don't like using indicators as fish like to some times strike at them instead. They seems useful though.

That's kind of the whole point of these. Tie in an "indicator" to your dry fly so that when a fish does take your indicator, it has a hook on it.

I tied coffin flies like this. I originally saw the idea in the feathered hook. I just used the small thingamabobbers.

The idea was to run a GD nymph under a coffin at night, but couldn't find any glow in the dark paint.

Oooh i thought these were another thing I saw once some where else.

See I thought it was these, I glanced to fast.

1414-10.jpg

bassistjon112 wrote:
Oooh i thought these were another thing I saw once some where else.

See I thought it was these, I glanced to fast.

1414-10.jpg

That is what I used. The small ones work perfectly for this purpose, though I feel they are more valuable as actual indicators than as gimmick flies. That's my experience with these patterns, anyway.

I can think of a few places where these could come in handy , Erie , and the Raystown by the Way do you fish unibobbers on Kazinski creek?

Osprey,

The small thingamabobbers are perfect for Erie IMO.

Back