MVC-026S.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-028S.JPG
    MVC-028S.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
What about some in blue and white for us Jews. Maybe a dreidl fly. Nice ties anywho.

LLH
I didn't know they had different colors ,my apology .
I will look into this and get back
beadhead2

What is that, what Lou gave you for X-mas red and green material.

Here are some flies for my Jewish friends
Happy Holidays to all

Attachments

• MVC-029S.JPG
    MVC-029S.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-030S.JPG
    MVC-030S.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 1
Wow! You tied the blue and whites in only 2 hours :lol:
Nice holiday flys!

Thanks tyer
The longest part was trying to find where I put the material at lol

Here is one for my Afro-American friends

Attachments

• MVC-033S.JPG
    MVC-033S.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
sandfly wrote:
What is that, what Lou gave you for X-mas red and green material.

Lou is busy tying up ten pound sculpins for the LL end of year bash.

Beadhead, are you going to the LL on Friday? If you are tie up some of those blue and white streamers and bring them along. Just a hunch but I've had some success with blue there.

I was just busting on you but way to tie up those blue and whites and AA as well.

Nice ties post some pics of what those catch.

franklin
Here is a sneak peek at the LLH New Years Eve hot fish catching fly lol

Attachments

• MVC-035S.JPG
    MVC-035S.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1
I didn't think you were of the tribes, LL, but I thought that maybe I just never really noticed.

Anyways, I'm all for inclusion.. Now, for the true spirit of the holidays, where are the Babylonian colours for the birth of the Invincible Sun? C'mon, you got the rest of the people covered, although any good Jew will politely tell you that Chanukah is not a "Jewish Christmas" and only gets lumped into it by people trying to commercialized it.

No, its actually about the slaughter of Helenized Jews by the Maccabees. Oh, sure, there was oil, and it lasted for eight nights, but it wasn't the only oil, just the only oil that was profaned by the Helenized Jews.

I gots no truck with Kwanzaa, though. Labricated in the late '60s, no heritage. At least Christmas builds on quality idoltry and a perversion of deeper faiths.

What, you think I'm done? Hell, no!

Beadhead, that blue background is killing you. Can I suggest you get a white or grey one? Grey is true to form (ideally, it would be 18% Kodak grey), but white is probably nicer. If you use white, you'll want to force your camera's exposure meter to read about 2 stops higher (your camera will almost inevitably feature EV, Exposure Value, changing.. Go -1EV). Your white balance might be killing you, too. Let me guess, you have an Ott light? You'd need to set yoru WB to "daylight," then. See if that helps kill the blue.

I'll be waiting for the Sol Invictus flies, then. ;)

lehigh
I know you were ,but I'm glad you did ,that way it keeps my mind active lol
I won't be fishing them ,I will be donating them for our TU auction in Jan

beadhead2 wrote:
lehigh
I know you were ,but I'm glad you did ,that way it keeps my mind active lol
I won't be fishing them ,I will be donating them for our TU auction in Jan

Maybe LL wants to come down to the meeting and bid on them.

Tie a blue one up just to humor me. Your pics reminded me of two times I had success on LL with blue. I don't know if it was the color or maybe they aren't the color everyone else is throwing but still look buggy.

gfen
I have no idea what your talking about ,I hold the camera and push the button !!!!
As far as the other ethnic flys they will have to wait till another time ,I am getting too stressed out lol

Old timers.. ;)

gfen wrote:
Old timers.. ;)

I have the whole set and ended up with an extra blue which I gave to Beadhead. He's using a point a shoot camera which may not have the all the adjustments you suggest. If you go over to www.bucksflytyers.com you will see a site I'm building and some of the fly pictures. Once I get things off the ground we will start working on improving the photographs. Any suggestions you have would be welcome.

Franklin can you explain to me why your blog is in gibberish?

LRSABecker wrote:
Franklin can you explain to me why your blog is in gibberish?

That's a publisher language made up of random latin words used to fill in text blocks prior to putting in real text. I don't have the data base interface working yet. Had to make a couple business trips recently so I'm behind where I wanted to be.

Back