PAFF Casting Tune Up, June 13th, Milesburg Pa.

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

Sooooo, Just wanting to get a gauge of the interest here.

June 13 or 14.

we can fish the morning BWO's and then meet in milesburg around 11 or 12. I will bring a small grill and we can have sausages and food while we set up the course. we can practice until 3 or 4pm and then head back out to the water for whatever the evening may bring us.

anyone interested please comment so I can know how many to expect and if we need to change venues.

I have 3 so far interested. 2 guides and a pretty darn good comp angler. still working out which day, any thoughts?

OldLefty I'm trying to PM you but i cant on this phone. If you have a day that works best just say the word. Although unlike me im sure your on the stream right now instead of being stuck in an outlet fly shop! I promise not to forget your usual fee and will duly make up for last years "pour" showing.

Take a look over your shoulder baby.....because I'll be there! :-D

I always look over my shoulder when I am casting, don't want to snare anyone with those tailing loops!

Looks like we are going on the 13th.

gonna get to milesburg around 10 to setup. fishing the paradise till 930. we will wrap up around 3 or 4pm to head back out to fish.

Can a mod change the topic?

PAFF Casting Tune Up, June 13th, Milesburg Pa

We have a great start so far. If you are interested in brushing up on your casting, learning more about fly fishing or just want to chill with some fellow fly fishing nerds let us know here.

So Far:

DereK Aka "TimR" - Keystone Fly Guides
PatC Aka "grizz" - FOM and Mad River Outfitters
Todd Peters - Soft Hackle Specialties
Josh Miller - Team Freestone

Anyone else? Just trying to get an idea.

So far:

OldLefty - Dave Rothrock
PatrickC - Patrick Campbell - FOM and Mad River Outfitters
Todd Peters - Soft Hackle Specialties
Josh Miller - Team Freestone
Tim Robinsin - Derek Eberly - Keystone Fly Guides

It's gonna be a great afternoon! Come on out and throw some line with us!

Possibly

Is this for any level fly caster or tuneup for those entering competitions? I am mediocre at best and have nor desire or intention to cast in any competitions.

This is for anyone and everyone interested in improving their casting. Drop in, stop by, stay as long or as short as you like.

We will have a competition course set up for practice but we cover it at in a very casual manner... this is for fun!

yes, there will be some very skilled casters there but we are all there to have fun, share ideas, techniques and help each other improve, we are NOT here to tear anyone down. You and anyone else are more than welcomed to attend. Hope to see you there.

DEPete53 wrote:
Is this for any level fly caster or tuneup for those entering competitions? I am mediocre at best and have nor desire or intention to cast in any competitions.

ABSOLUTELY! Tim & I for sure would love to help you anyway we can. I'm just coming to hang out. I'd be happy to help anyone with their casting even if they are not interested in the competition. I have no interest in the competition myself (other than I support it because my friends like it).

LET'S GET CASTIN'!

I will be fly fishing in Vermont that day...nany nany poo poo!

Have fun with the black flies.

My primary goal at this gathering is to have fun. No one should be intimidated about attending.

Remember, we all started at the same place: first time with fly rod in hand having next to no idea what to do with it.

Dave R.

I'm in.

Will anyone be able to help with casing large wet tube socks for Esox...I need to show WGMiller!

I'll bring along 3- & 4-wt glass (slow), and some 5- & 6- (fast) rods.

Brian

Night_Stalker wrote:
I'm in.

Will anyone be able to help with casing large wet tube socks for Esox...I need to show WGMiller!

I'll bring along 3- & 4-wt glass (slow), and some 5- & 6- (fast) rods.

Brian

Snickering....

That being said, while Geo is a lost cause and probably can't learn (trust me, he deserves that).... I'll happily bring my esox stuff if there is anyplace close by to use it. It's been a slow spring for me on the ski front.

Oh yes, I am also looking forward to meeting Dave R. I hear great stuff about him all of the time. I love listening to guys like Dave talk about casting to students. I always pick up something helpful from guys like him for my own teaching. Always a privilege to listen to an experienced pro!

I am in the area from friday night into monday. so there's plenty of time to check out some different fishing.

I will be getting to the park in Milesburg at 9:30 a.m. to get everything ready by 10 a.m.

So Far I have:

OldLefty
PatrickC
NightStalker
JoshMiller
TimRobinsin
ToddPeters

Maybees-

Sbecker
CathyG
DEPete53

OH, BTW

work decided to allow me to loan several new rods and different lines for us to experiment and try out.

I will have:
9' mid H2
8'6" mid H2
9' Recon
9' Clearwater

with Hydros: superfine, trout, and trout HD line available. (all of these lines are acceptable in the Mid Atlantic Casting Comp)

I am also talking to CLUTCH Tactical fly rods about getting a demo rod. It's going to be a fun time playing with some nice toys and learning a lot.

Back