Susquehanna River Yak n' Fly

S

sanctuary

Thinking about heading down to the Brunner Island warm water discharge in late Jan/Feb.

Anybody been out there looking for a muskie or smb?

I'll be slinging the 8wt but may also take a MH casting rod. I've never been there, but if anybody else has a case of cabin fever, maybe we can link up down that way and check it out.

Been thinking of going but have not been down yet.

Yeah, I live about 5 minutes away from Brunner Island. I've been wanting to go out but I haven't gotten my 2011 license yet.

Some people just wade, the water is shallow enough there for it. I used to have good luck in late fall repeatedly drifting 50 yds. out past the shore fishermen and waders.

I was out during Thanksgiving but got a phone call and had to leave after 10 minutes to pick up the kids.

I'd recommend leaving the yak' at home this time of year the water is 35 degrees other than right close to the bank when they are dicharging. If you have waders there is plenty of safe wading.

Thanks for the advice. It's an easier trip without the yak.

X2 on Jakes suggy. Don't need and probably don't want a boat to fish the WW at brunner

A friend of mine's Grandson caught a small tiger muskie there on Monday. Said it was maybe 20 to 22".

MooseHunter,

PM sent.

Back