Missing Florida Already!

Pittflyguy

Pittflyguy

Hey All,

Just got back from fishing in FL for about 5 days. Mixed bag between the keys and some golf course ponds in Boca. The weather was hot as hell, but still managed to scare up a few fish! If I had only one fly to take with me, it would have been the trusty Gartside Gurgler. Amazing top water action from the salt to the pond! The full details are on my blog for anyone that might be interested.

www.mrbrownliner.wordpress.com

After chucking a 9 wt around the salt for a week it was very strange to pick up my 6 wt on the creek last night....

Good Luck and Tight Lines!

Attachments

• CIMG0407.jpg
    CIMG0407.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG0436.jpg
    CIMG0436.jpg
    941.6 KB · Views: 4
  • CIMG0422.jpg
    CIMG0422.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG0431.jpg
    CIMG0431.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG0432.jpg
    CIMG0432.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 4
  • CIMG0435.jpg
    CIMG0435.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice! What did you shoot on the course?

Fred, would crap his pants if he took a bass trip to Florida. Big and numerous bass!!!!!

Yep. Gurglers rock! Nice job. Thanks for the photos.

Kid,

We hit about a two hour window that we were bringing in a fish on every other cast... all ranging between 1 and 3 lbs... not huge by Florida standards, but man was it fun!

Swatter,

Thanks! Gotta love the gurgler. So easy and cheap to tie and they work oh so well!

Neat stuff. Yuh gotta love catching baby tarpon and largemouth bass (and sometimes peacocks to boot) in the same ditch.

Dave,

That is the beauty of Florida! I even had shots at a few large grass carp but wasn't able to hook up. I will absolutely be bringing a more thorough fly selection next time!

Back