fly fishing for suckers during the winter months

87svk87

Does anyone know of where to catch suckers in lancaster county ? I live in MD near PA line and caught a couple last year . They seem to not be as abundant here as they are in PA . If anyone here has any insight about where to catch suckers and what to use during the winter please let me know . THANX

While I don't target suckers, I catch one or two (sometimes several) most days when I'm nymph fishing during the colder months. Got a 15" on Yellow Breeches last week. Anyway, any trout stream should have 'em. Drift small nymphs right on the bottom in the deeper runs and you should have some action. Hopefully, those pesky trout will stay off your line. :)
Take a look at the PFBC website list of trout streams for Lancaster County and go do some exploring. Chances are, there are suckers there.

Yuh gotta be real precise to catch them wiley suckers in Yellow Breeches.

Try between New Cumberland and Walnut Bottom.

what is the jam all about ? I saw some photos from last year , you have some cool artwork .

Here's a link from last year's JAM.

http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsection.item.202/2011-fly-fishing-jamboree-and-meetup.html

Basically it's a bunch of people from this site that get together to fish for a weekend. The last few years we've had around 70 people show up.

Everyone is welcome to join.

I'm sure people would be thrilled if you come catch all the suckers and save the trout for them!

Welcome to the site.

Back