where should i camp

marcq

marcq

i am looking for a place to go in the first week of sept. some good fishing in the area to if you guys can help it would be great.

thanks marc

Are you looking at a particular region of the state? If not, there are simply too many options to list - although, as a general rule, I'd recommend a state park. If you could be more specific, you'll likely get more specific info as there are countless camping opportunities around the state.

i didnt wanna be picky but something within 2.5 hours from phily and with good trout stream near or on the grounds. i was looking at locust lake but im open to anything.

thanks marc

hickory run in the poconos, the stream runs next to it...fish it from top to bottom and some the feeders...plenty to keep you busy...you can even follow it down to the Lehigh

I'd second staying in a state park. The facilities are generally maintained well, which cannot be said for some other campgrounds.

In my opinion, the best place to camp and FF is on the banks of slate run just outside of slate run PA. The best spot is found by following the black forest trail from its trailhead on slate run road down to the creek. There are campsites on either side of the creek. It is primitive tent camping only with no facilities, you are bassically in the middle of no where. This is the best wild trout, freestone fishing in PA. Scenerey is impossible to beat. There are multiple sites along slate run and you can even backpack from one to another for a more enjoyable experience. There are also a number of roadside campsites available with permits in the area and close to fishing. Pine creek is within walking distance also. Its more like 3.5-4 hrs from philly but completley worth it. Message me if you want more info.

Back