The Flyfish Journal, Survival Fly Fishing, Tenkara, etc.

R

ronP

Hello, all.

Since Philadelphia on the Fly has remained in print, a few of you have asked what I have been doing since the sequel, Small Fry: The Lure of the Little, was published in late 2009.

The answer is I have been fly fishing and writing about the experience. Most of my new stories have appeared in The Flyfish Journal, which has been very open to my "John Gierach, Jr." style of fishing writing. I have been pursuing tenkara for the past year as well and have found the style to be fresh and fun; I'm convinced tenkara shall join Spey as a subgenre of our sport.

That stated. I have a new article about survival fly fishing in the new issue of Living Ready magazine, which should be on the shelves at the start of April. There is a sidebar about tenkara with that article. I have a story scheduled to appear in the summer issue of The Flyfish Journal, too.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the new season (I have a few days scheduled along French Creek next week). Maybe I'll see some of you along the water (I'll be the one holding a stick without a reel).

:)

Regards,

-- ron P. swegman
-- rush2press@yahoo.com
-- http://www.amazon.com/Ron-P.-Swegman/e/B001JRV1M4

Back