River Journal - Penn's Creek

gutcutter

gutcutter

By Dan Shields.
There was a "series" of River Journals published in the mid 1990s and sold by Amato publishing as a "subscription". This one was the only one that I kept.
Does anybody know if it was ever updated?

I came across this write-up in my recent internet digging. It may be of some help.

http://flyanglersonline.com/features/greatrivers/penns/

That book is still available.

Regarding updates, the regs have changed a little bit in section from Coburn down the fly area, but that probably will not have any effect on the way most of us would fish it.

And other than that, not much has changed.

I have that book and also Dan's book on Spring Creek (similar, but different publisher).

The river journal series produced many very nice books on trout streams around the country, I own quite a few issues. Unfortunately, Frank Amato stopped publishing this series several years ago.

Fishidiot wrote:
I have that book and also Dan's book on Spring Creek (similar, but different publisher).

I have these as well. The first books I bought when I started fishing the area.

Which roaring run do you speak of? I know of one, but it's small and do not wish to mention out loud. Pm me if you wish. I'd like to see that book.

I was being ironic and edited prior post.

Gotcha, not the one I was thinking. Didn't think it was, too small a stream.

Well the one I'm thinking of is rather small as well. Not breakable in the least because it is too much trouble to get into for 6 inch brookies. Yet, conniptions would be prolific if I actually IDed it. But, glorifying Penns and Spring (Centre Co.) Little J and others is celebrated as great literature. The duplicity of the whole spot-burning debate is apparent.

It's too bad you can't ask George Harvey what he thought of Sparse Grey Hackle's article on Penns.

cryp·tic adjective \?krip-tik\
: difficult to understand : having or seeming to have a hidden meaning

Back