A Passion for Tarpon (by Andy Mill)

F

Fishidiot

There's been a heckuva lot of buzz in the FFing world recently due to the long awaited release of Andy Mill's book A Passion for Tarpon. To be honest, I haven't had a chance to get a look inside this book but would love to. By all accounts, it's lived up to expectations with hundreds of pages of Pat Ford's photography and many anecdotes from tarpon greats past and present (Ted Williams, Billy Pate, Stu Apte, et-al). If you're not familiar with Andy Mill - Mill remains relatively unknown in FFing circles outside flats fishing - he's a former champion downhill skier who caught the tarpon bug in an incurable way. Now regarded by many in the flats community as the best tarpon FFer alive these days, he's a man who pursues tarpon with an extreme focus and dedication. If Andy's book was written with the focus and attention to detail he puts into fishing.... it is no doubt close to flawless. The book isn't cheap, with the basic version retailing for $100 and a high end version signed by Pres George H.W. Bush selling for thousands of dollars. I've never spent $100 dollars for a book (at least that wasn't required for a college course) but this one sounds like it's worth it. If I get a chance to check it out, I'll write a review but in the meantime, it's hard to miss as it's being heavily advertised and talked about. Sounds like a keeper.

http://flaflyfish.com/a-passion-for-tarpon.html

Back