yesterday's PaFF journey to Erie.....

L

LigonierA1

JackM, RyanH and MattyB and I met early Tuesday AM for a trip to hte Erie tribs. I'll let the pics do the talking.....it was a great day. Not fish *rich* but great none the less.....

Our mascot on Elk Creek. As we pulled into hte parking lot, it hailed dime sized ice balls, poured rain momentarily as threw a little thunder and lightning our way. This is becoming "the standard" for when Ryan and I fish together. Several hours of breaking off flys because the water got so cloudy tt you couldn't tell if the water was 6" deep, or 6', I finally found something to take a picture of. Our mascot on Elk Creek. This critter was eyeballling minnie buckets with enthusiasm:
2006-10-04013-1.jpg

At the lunch break, we decided to head to the Mile streams as they drain a smaller area and discolor less while recovering very quickly. And we found fish. Here's Ryan into a nice fish. "Nice" because it helped him convince his wife that fly fishing isn't a Broke Back Mtn inspired event with obsessed men from the internet. Okay, it was nice for several other reasons, but that's probably the funniest of them. That's MattB in the foreground.....and JackM is in the background. R
2006-10-04015.jpg

Right at dusk, JackM gets into a fish and it decides to head for the lake:
2006-10-04018.jpg

He was able to reign it in without heading too far downstream and started posing and posturing for the camera. Look at that left hand. Jack knows his way around a creek with moves like that.
2006-10-04019.jpg

Side note: Maurice, see anything in that shot that stands out to you?

Suffice it to say, we joked around all day and had a great time. We put in 10.5hrs of fishing and it felt like that as of this morning.

Sounds like a nice trip. I can't wait to get back myself!

Did you guys actually land any of those fish?

Andrew, Could it be the "bobber" on the line I see?

He's coming around...A stubborn old chap he is. I imagine someday he will take advice from experienced anglers and chop that learning curve. He may have to change professions first though. :-D

My question is did he wait til dark to put it on?

maurice

I don't see any bobber. Andrew must have got some water droplets on the camera lense when that monster was thrashing around by shore. Notice also that the cigarette hanging from my mouth is the same size at the beginning of the fight as it is at the end-- now, that's how to land a fish quickly and get on the road before dark! It was a good time and catching one at the end redeemed the preceding 9 hours of nothing but chubs. Thanks for the pictures.

Ok, no pictures are comming up on my computer. Perhaps I am still brain dead from too much fishing, but i see nothing. Do you think it may have something to do with the security settings on the computer?

Is it my imagination or is the facial expression on the heron and Jack M similiar??? hehehe!!?? Nice series of pics of you guys, keep them coming, narration and pics very enjoyable

Ryan, you may have your "view mode" at the top of the page set to Compact. Set it to Flat and you get pics and Avatars.

Back