Want to go fishing today

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you guys out west are getting a lot more rain and water is up already.

Want to go out later today, but trying to figure out if there is more rain hitting the streams. I may have to had out anyway.

Dave, I don't think you guys got the heavy rain we did. You should be good, but later today may bring heavy rains. According to the animated radar, the moisture was not moving quickly and I think it lost a lot of its weight by dropping a ton on Pittsburgh. Hope you catch-- on top.

I could be persuaded....otherwise its grinding up a pile of branches for me.

For you guys that are close, the Gunpowder is very fishable...sulphurs are starting, hendricksons are here, the river is in great shape.

Ya big hatches on Tully and lots of rising (and refusing) fish.

I was thinking about doing some fishing today but looks like I'll have to wait a few more days if the rain stops now.

2:45 pm, here in Enola and it is pouring down rain, with lighting and thunder. I don't think it's ever going to stop.

PaulG

Sunny here on the Lehigh

I have started collecting pairs of animals.

I have had three days of fishing and all but two of my kids baseball games have been rained out.

Wanted to head up to oil this weekend and it blew out over 2000 cfs in just a few hours. My wife even has mentioned that I have not been out .

To top it all off I took the boat up to camp only to discover that some jackass left the furnace on thus draining the heating oil tank to nothing. So there is another 500 bucks down the tubes.

Although I could be that jackass .

Oh and I am out of beer !

Damn

except for hitting the brookie streams, I'm think I'm giving up on trout until fall. time to hit some ponds and lakes for gills and bass.

David and I hit a nice sulpher hatch on the J today. It was marvelous to be out casting to rising fish (and catching a few too).

Here in the Southeast we had 6 days of no rain and awesome weather. The fishing has been good with a mix of bows and smallies. Lost a pig of a bow at my feet yesterday, **** poor knot tied by me #@^*&#%

Dot

supposed to rain here all week again, maybe up to 2 inches coming. keeping my fingers crossed it skips us. don't think I'm doing a garden this year, back yard has 3 inches of standing water. might put in a rice paddy!

all this rain on this side of the state doesn't help those poor folks along the miss river either. just too much water everywhere!

Back