Unusual stream pics

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

With this cabin fever (can't work because of the weather) getting the best of me, I started looking through some of my fishing/stream pics and found a few really neat ones. Here, this stream is flowing over complete rock on it's way down to meet another stream. Let's see some of your more unusual stream pics.

Attachments

• Sullivan Co (Custom).JPG
    Sullivan Co (Custom).JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0041 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0041 (Custom).JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
This one taken several years ago in late March as things were beginning to open up a bit. It is located 77 miles from any road and you must leave the snowmachine behind and use snowshoes to get to where I was at here. The tracks are moose and fox.
d0abfb5d.jpg

Not so unusual but another spot that requires some dedication to reach. I've not ran into anyone else there.
a80a3ad0.jpg

This young brown bear was sitting in a creek eating sockeye salmon when I came around the bend downstream and he was there when I went back to where I had left the boat.
7d7796a7.jpg

Ard

Thank You,

I have a lot of pictures but those were handy. Most of the photos I take are landscapes and not many of small streams here. I fish some little ones but there isn't anything special about them other than the fish that may be there.

In PA. 2 of the neatest places to go for the geology exposed by the creeks are Rock Run at Ralston and Mill Creek off the road to Ogdensburg. Plenty of exposed bedrock on both of those, take the camera.

Ard

Good topic- kinda surprised there aren't more replies.

First is the Red Moshannon- it's a fantastic stream except for the whole red, dead thing. No I wasn't fishing when I took the pic!

Then a pretty wild spot on the black moshannon. Huge volume of water going thru a huge rusty pipe.

Third is a sign that I ran into this summer, which I think must be aimed at deterring startup beekeepers (among other things). Unless it means pet bees.

Last one is not that unusual and pretty blurry (it was raining and had to take quick pics). What is interesting though is that I bet most people on here would say it's from the NC or NE part of the state. Nope- Lancaster County.

Attachments

• Red Mo.jpg
    Red Mo.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 5
  • black mo.jpg
    black mo.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4
  • No Bees.jpg
    No Bees.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20130818_110439_511.jpg
    IMG_20130818_110439_511.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3
sarce wrote:
Then a pretty wild spot on the black moshannon. Huge volume of water going thru a huge rusty pipe.
I've boated that stream with an unbelievable amount of water coming out of that pipe. What a fun technical stream to boat. Always was my favorite around here.

On the other hand I've only fly fished it a couple time and it's right down the road.

Where is that pipe on the Black Mo?

TB,

It runs underneath a dirt road crossing not far downstream from where the Black Mo passes under I-80.

Csoult,

Some of my friends kayaked it last year and filmed it. Looked awesome!
I fished that part of the stream once, caught 4 stocked brookies and a gorgeous wild brown around 12". Have been dying to go back, but usually stay closer to SC. Also, I think any amount of rain would make that road impassable to my car. Barely made it during dry weather.

Oh yeah, I've driven across that "bridge," if you can call it that. It appears to me a sort of homemade project. Kind of scary to drive a vehicle across.

I went through there one opening day. Right in that area the Black Moshannon was a zoo on opening day. People camping all over the place, with fires going. Big trucks and ATVs running around all over. I was surprised how many people were there. But, stock it and they will come.

When it's at 2' the bottom section is like flushing a toilet.

NEPA stream. Not terribly unusual but I was excited when I saw it.

Attachments

• WayneCoResize.jpg
    WayneCoResize.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
Brad: Now that IS unusual! And very clever. There must have been a camp ds. Regular maintenance required.

I love the way Logan flows between these two large boulders.

Are you talking about Gorton Road?

Here's on of my favorites

I love the way Logan flows between these two large boulders.

Me too, always loved that spot. I mean, it's not amazing or all that unusual. But there's something about that spot that just makes you say "cool".

I've always gotten a few out of that pool too. Stand about where the pic was taken from. Cast just above the rock on the right and let it float down around that bend. Bang! You have yourself a 6 incher, lol.

I've been on hiatus from here for a while

a few favorites to help with cabin fever

riverfog1.jpg

riverfog2.jpg

004db2ab.jpg

Love the first one!!! It's a great pic to begin with, and then the heron just sets it off.

Back