unassesed brookie waters.

sandfly

sandfly

http://www.coldwaterheritage.org/unassessed-waters-initiative

If anyone is interested in working on this.

Chaz ?????

had one or two of these on my list already. thanks for reminder

Over the last 5 years I've reported a bunch of streams to the AFM for the Southeast Region. Generally I don't report them out of my region, mostly because the AFM's don't necessarily know me. there are a couple that do though, so when I find a stream that isn't on the Nat Pro list I report it.

Here's a question, Home come English Run is on the list when the Nat. Repro. list says, Nat. Repro. headwaters to mouth?

The UWI is a PFBC project sub-contracted to the western pa conservancy. The conservancy enlisted two individual to collect data (streams believed to have wild trout)submitted by anglers and other interested folks. These data are funneled through a regional volunteer who checks the streams against a current list and enters the data for the conservancy staff who annually reports this to the pfbc. At which point they can schedule surveys on recommended waters.

We had one of the WPAConservancy program staff at our Feb TU meeting.

I am a regional delegate volunteer charged with feeding them the data via their website.

I hav'nt done anything with this yet but it was an interesting presentation.

I think the FBC contracted this out to put a little buffer between them and the all points bulletin to submitted waters. One of the stats was that there are 62,000 streams in PA of which 58,000 have been surveyed.

The WPC is being paid to weed out the already surveyed and duplicate submissions.

I'll add that I believe this is the result of the PFBC biting off more than they could chew when reacting to the gas rush. Perhaps locking the door after the horse was stolen.

Sandfly, Thanks for posting this. I spotted some that I have "assessed" and I'll be sending them the info.

Back