Thinking about buying pontoon boat

noclue

noclue

I'm thinking about buying a 2 man inflatable pontoon boat for some small area lakes and some of the rivers in sepa. Does anyone out there already have one? How do you like it and are they versitile. I was looking at a 3 person that you can put a electric motor on. Thinking because I fish alone alot I could use the electric motor to get me back upstream to my truck. What do you guy's think is it a good idea.

I have a 2 man and have owned several one man models. IMO, you really need a dedicated trailer with 2 man models. I have McKenzie Drifter 2 man model see click for pic
This fits in the back of an F150 for short local trips but it sticks out and must be put in at an angle. Weighs about 87 lbs and is easy to load with 2 people. If you buy this one, you'll need to consider the following. The aluminum 2pc oars that come with it are too short. You'll want to upgrade to 9 foot oars. The oarlocks that come with the package are non standard size so if you buy new oars you'll need to buy new oarlocks as well (1/2 inch diameter oarlock shafts). There is no anchor or anchor rope included with the boat. The boat does not come with a stand up deck for the rower though one is available or you can make one. The front lean bar is problematic and gets in the rowers way when retracted. This can be easily fixed through another purchased upgrade or custom modification. This boat is good for moving waters but I'd stick with a small john boat for lakes if possible.

I purchased a 16ft Creek Company 3 man inflatable off ebay, the front and rear fishing stations came with standing platforms and leaning bars with stripping baskets, a large storage platform w/motor mount for electric motor(up to 50lbs of thrust), 8FT oars and 4 gear bags. I have a trailer from a 16ft boat that I was going to convert some home to fit the inflatable.

Back