The spawn is on in York County!

HopBack

HopBack

Got out today from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. I had not seen much spawn activity in this area until today but It looks like the browns are in full swing. Just about every flat section I saw trout paired up holding over redds. I spent a lot of my time just watching as they did the mating dance and it was definately somthing to behold. Since the trout were off the table I targeted some fiesty fall fish. I got 7 on a tan caddis/PT nymph dropper and managed 2 small browns as a bonus. I was able to snap a quick shot of one pair in a flat but it's pretty poor quality as all I had was my Iphone.

Here area few picks from the day:

Attachments

• fall11.3.jpg
    fall11.3.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 7
  • fall11.3trees.jpg
    fall11.3trees.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 4
  • fallrapids11.3.jpg
    fallrapids11.3.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 4
  • redd11.3.jpg
    redd11.3.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Spawn11.3.jpg
    Spawn11.3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Brown11.3.jpg
    Brown11.3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 6
that spawn picture is very cool. is that the same redd as in the photo above - the rock top right and the blueish grey pebbles look the same.

so great to see the natural world in progress up close.

geebee wrote:
that spawn picture is very cool. is that the same redd as in the photo above - the rock top right and the blueish grey pebbles look the same.

so great to see the natural world in progress up close.

Ya, It's the same redd they were sitting on. They got a little nervous with me taking a picture and took off so I moved in a bit closer and got a better picture and then I let them alone.

Nice! Knew those browns would get going soon. Love the pics too.

What stream were you fishing

Back