Stocktoberfest --Chester and Delaware County Members

englishprof

englishprof

I know some of you guys have met and fished together. I'm stuck with Fadeaway and Webby, LOL. Great guys , by the way. I'd like to throw out an idea. How about we plan a dinner at a centrally located restaurant to meet, eat, drink a few and discuss the fishing and whatever? Then, we plan a Jam of our own on a stream in one of the counties. Now, before the rest of the State starts laughing, we will stipulate to the fact that we know we don't have the best streams in Pennsylvania. Actually, we may have one. I would be happy to organize it if the interest is there. Oh, I also have no problem with including some of our brethren from Philadelphia (Okay, Jay), Lancaster (Sal), Berks (Pcray), Montgomery (Mute) and Bucks (can't think of anyone). I guess I should have written Southeast PA. Let me know. Thanks.

I live in delco, and I'd like to join in.

I can't believe you would do this. You are the most anti social person I know. Chadds Ford Tavern has my vote!

If you plan it they will come :pint:

i'm in assuming the date is available for me.

I'd be interested if I can shake loose from family duties. If any of you are like live music, we could make it a Thurs. at the Ridddle Ale House on Baltimore Pk. My friends run an open jam there, and I sit in fairly regularly. Just another option, I'll play out anyway, but it is easy to find, just in front of the Granite Run Mall. The Chadds Ford Tavern would be OK with me as well, though I've never actually been inside.

Like fred said, plan it. I can't commit to anything until there's a time and place, but would be interested.

I'm repping montco now. :)

i am in. put up a date and place.

I would rather not simply pick a time and place now. I'd like a little input so we can get as many guys there as possible. I'll throw this out - meeting shortly after Labor Day so vacations are out of the way and Jam (for lack of a better term) in October. How about some suggestions for the stream? Jay, do you think we would be too much for Valley?

Yeah, I don't think having that many people on valley (plus the standard hikers and other anglers) would lead to success. By October, plenty of streams will be fishing well. Pickering would be my choice.

I'm repping the state of Delaware (a lot of people think Delaware is a part of Pennsylvania) and would be interested in joining in on this as I fish SE PA mostly.

I should be ashamed!!!!! I lived in Wilmington for many years. How could I forget about you guys? Now, I probably live closer to you than to most of these other members. You're more than welcome to join us. By the way, we (Pennsylvania) will take New Castle County north of the canal. You can keep lower New Castle, Kent and Sussex!!!!! They should have been part of Maryland anyway.

Who invited anyone from Delaware. Especially those guys who live in Slower Lower Delaware? :hammer:

sounds good, i'd be interested

The Chadds Ford Tavern is my home "stream". For those of you who don't know, it's near 202 and 1. I'm certainly not locked into to this place. Jay is recommending Pickering for the "Jam". Webby thinks we should call it a "Summit". I kinda like that. The Southeast PA/Delaware Summit. Sounds more important, don't you think? Would love more suggestions for both the dinner and the "Summit". We will do this!!!!!
By the way, fished Pickering a couple of times. Like it, don't love it. But probably really didn't give it much of a chance.

My submission for a non-stream meeting point would be sly fox on 113.

Summit's been called by those Lehigh Valley guys. Getchyer own moniker.

Can I suggest SEPA/DE Parley? Conclave? Hootenanny?

Back