snow

geebee

geebee

well for a forecast 1-3" and 33F, we got 8.5" and it was 30F - 2nd round of storm still a couple of hours away...

a nice bump for the water table i think, more rain (or snow) coming tomorrow (1/2") another inch of snow on Tuesday and then another big storm next sunday night.

it would have been great to be out there today in that snow, but i thought it was only going to last an hour or so lol.

did anyone get out ? - walking round here was spectacular, i bet it was real pretty and peaceful...

Weather hasn't hit up here in NEPA yet. Won't be sorry if it misses us.

got less than an inch here

SE PA, Chester County we got close to 10" yesterday and we have light misty rain this morning with a temperature of 23

Went out yesterday - down here in Marietta. It was beautiful out on the stream (Donegal). Caught quite a few 'bows through icy guides. I love fishing in the winter, especially when it's snowing. It seems as if everything little sound and detail is amplified in the woods.

Located in Chester Cty. We probably got 5" in my back yard. I work farther north in Reading, and they got almost nothing.

I was at the in-laws over the weekend (Clearfield). I drove up Friday evening, with heavy snow from 7 mountains on. I drove home Sunday afternoon, and the snow started around Harrisburg. Got into bad roads in both directions.

Didn't get a flake down here in the Bahamas. :-D

lv2nymph wrote:

On behalf of all of us in the cold and snow - You suck!

Okay - Kidding- Hope you are enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Send some our way!

About 2 inches here before the rain came and turned it to ice. It is still raining tonight.

Here in Adams, probably about 5" and a quarter inch of ice on top of that. Roads were terrible!

It's mostly cleared now but they're calling for more snow tomorrow.

yup, another 3-5" expected by the weather idiots here tomorrow - which means either two feet or a heatwave.

best pack the coldweather gear in your rigs before you go to work, just in case though.

djs12354 wrote:
lv2nymph wrote:

On behalf of all of us in the cold and snow - You suck!

Okay - Kidding- Hope you are enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Send some our way!
Haha, I paid for missing the snow fall. Our flight back to Philly got cancelled Sunday, payment for trying to bring the upper 80's back to Pa. with us!

thinking of mowing today ..... lol.... going deer hunting later....

Pic from my first snow fishing day of this winter. Pohopoco Creek on Sun. The fishing stunk, the guides froze, but you can't describe the peacefulness and quietness you encounter when you're fishing a stream during a snow fall.

Attachments

• 20131208_162556.jpg
    20131208_162556.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 2
We got 1 1/2 inches this morning in the first hour of snowfall. We're now supposed to get 3" to 5" between now and 5 pm.
As for the water table, I was told years ago that snowfall amounts have no effect on water table.

In the 80's here in the Sunshine State,come on down and bring cash. GG :-D :-D :cool: :p

Thanks GG I feel better already.

7" on Sunday and almost 5" this morning. The pict is from Sunday morning before it started coming down.

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. looking at 3-5 predicted in Philly.

a few people called in this morning. (They should have dialed 1-800-cry-baby) ..I still made it even with my Achillies Tendons healing process ongoing.

can't wait for the "real lake effect event", 12-18" . Haven't had one of thouse in while.

I like snow, hate the up and down temps and freezing rain... Walking out to my car Monday morning... thin layer of ice with a dusting of crunchy snow on top - Slip... falling... snag some traction with the foot, twisting... foot is now planted... and fall... end result is a nasty high ankle sprain and a broken fibula....

Back