Question for you all

B

bmi2677

Very recently I was introduced to a bass pond in Indiana, PA. I hadn't caught bass on a fly rod in a while and I forgot how enjoyable it was. I was wondering if any of you on this board knew of any other good bass lakes/ponds in western PA I should check out. I suppose I should mention I just fish from the bank - I'm a poor grad student that can't afford any sort of water craft!

Also, I know some of you will have secret places you don't want to share, and I'm not asking for those. I just didn't know if there were any areas you wouldn't mind discussing on here.

Thank you in advance.

Just jump on 422 and you'll hit a couple very good lakes...Keystone power damn and Lake Aurthur. Both fishable from shore and both have very good bass populations.

Im from Indiana kid...

crank out some smallmouth and holdovers down at ferriers run or just go fish farm ponds... with permission of course. there are a ton around here.

iup grad or what?

Cool thank you for the suggestions. I definitely plan on checking them out.

yeah, almost every lake has LM bass. But the best bass fishing I've ever found are all on smallish farm ponds. There's gotta be bluegills present, but for big bass, it helps if its JUST bluegills and bass and nothin else.

There are a million of those.

Back